No Contact but isolated

deepthinking

deepthinking

How do you keep no contact up when on your own and lonely?  4 of my  good friends went over the Rainbow Bridge, so I am too much on my own.

• Author
deepthinking
5 hours ago, glows said:

No contact with whom? Is it an ex?

It's an ex-friend.  We are 2 women.  Only knew her 5 years.

9 hours ago, deepthinking said:

How do you keep no contact up when on your own and lonely?  

If you had a falling out with this friend, that's ok.

Try to get out of the house more. Join some groups and clubs, volunteer, take some classes and courses, get a fun part-time job. 

Meet people and make new friends and acquaintances. There's no need to worry about "no contact" as if it's a breakup rule. Just go about your life and include more people in it.

3 hours ago, deepthinking said:

It's an ex-friend.  We are 2 women.  Only knew her 5 years.

That can be hard especially if you don’t have anyone else to turn to. Exercise is a great way to get those endorphins going and feeling good about yourself or something to help reset. Try that even if it’s getting your heart rate up daily for just a short period. 

Grief counselling also helps if you’re still dealing with the loss of loved ones. Are you feeling very down and not much motivation for anything?

• Author
deepthinking
1 hour ago, glows said:

That can be hard especially if you don’t have anyone else to turn to. Exercise is a great way to get those endorphins going and feeling good about yourself or something to help reset. Try that even if it’s getting your heart rate up daily for just a short period. 

Grief counselling also helps if you’re still dealing with the loss of loved ones. Are you feeling very down and not much motivation for anything?

I'll try exercise. Thank you.  Motivation is slow, but that has to be for me to work on.