Is it true that you shouldn't apply for jobs at the Christmas season?

I saw a job posting for a job that I really want, involving audio mixing and editing, full time, and since I have experience in that, and went to school for it, I feel I could do it.

I applied for the job, and then I got an email saying that they wanted me to take a test to see if I am fit for it.  I then clicked on it, but then it said congradulations, you're finished.  But I didn't take a test yet, so I felt it was some sort of glitch in the website therefore.

I was going to follow up on it, with the company, but I was told by my gf and friends, that it comes off as unprofessional to email them during the Christmas season and that I shoud wait a few days after Christmas.

But if I do, I am worried someone else may be hired though, if I wait.  What do you think?  Do my friends have a point?  Thank you for any advice on this.  I really appreciate it.

If they are hiring over the Xmas break, then I'd say it's OK to contact them over the break.  Of course, they may take some days off and be a few days before getting back to you, so just don't pester them.

Good luck!  Sounds like the job is a great stepping stone for you

I wouldn't wait.  If the job posting is up now, then they want people to apply for it now.  You can send the email now.  No one is forcing them to answer the email now if they are off for Christmas.  They can answer the email when they get back.  If you wait, someone else may get the job.

• Author

Okay thanks.  Should I email a specific person in the company, from the website, or should I just send a general email to the company not to a specific person?  The job add did not mention anyone specific on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Oh well they still haven't gotten back to me about it, and I replied about a weel and a half ago, but hopefully they will soon.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator