Wife refuses any time with me.

Mattlostatsea

Mattlostatsea

Hi all, at my end here. My wife earns a lot of money, I mean a lot of money. I however do not.

We have a Son together 5 years ago, I believe she got pregnant on purpose.

She has 2 kids from a previous marriage but her ex husband took them off her.

She has never spent an evening with me since our marriage, she simply goes off to bed and makes sure our son is ok and leaves me downstairs.

I get very lonely and depressed, im starting to drink a lot as well as im on my own as shes not around. Its started to become the norm....

She just does not care about me at all, I picked her up from the airport the other day (she was away for the night on business) and I was crying my eyes out as I was upset, but she refused eye contact with me, I sent her a message that night (I was on a company xmas do) and i was saying I was starring at 36 tablets and was going to kill myself but all she said was your children would miss you, to make matters worse she never phoned me the following morning to see if I was ok.

What should I do?????

She has also lied to me about a tax refund, so she boried £10.000.00 of me 4 months ago, this was supposed to be a 3 day loan while her tax was refunded....Its still as she says not been refunded, although I believe shes lying and has had the money.

HELP!!!!

2 hours ago, Mattlostatsea said:

She has also lied to me about a tax refund, so she boried £10.000.00 of me 4 months ago, this was supposed to be a 3 day loan while her tax was refunded....Its still as she says not been refunded, although I believe shes lying and has had the money.

I don’t understand this part, but generally speaking, it doesn’t sound like she cares about you; so your choice is a) leave and find somebody compatible, or b) leave and stay single, or c) stay and enjoy the $$ that she makes. She doesn’t seem to care one way or another. 

Between this post and your previous one, things don't sound good at all.   Can I ask what is stopping you from leaving?

10 hours ago, Mattlostatsea said:

I get very lonely and depressed, im starting to drink a lot 
 I sent her a message  saying I was starring at 36 tablets and was going to kill myself 

Sorry this is happening. See a physician for an evaluation of your physical and mental health. Get some tests done. Please call a mental health hotline for suicidal ideation if you can't get to an ER. 

Ask for a referral to a qualified therapist for ongoing support. Also join a sobriety support group to control the drinking.

Unfortunately your drinking and depression seem to make it worse.

Your wife seems checked out, but so do you. It's unfair to threaten suicide via text. You'll need help climbing out of this and there is plenty of help available. Your wife needs to work, take care of 3 kids so you'll have to do your part to help yourself.

emotionallybroken9

We hear your cry for help. You won’t get it from her. We won’t be able to do much for you other than words. 

You seem to have money on the side. 

invest in 5 individual therapy sessions. That’s like $500 depending on the provider around you. 

You. Need. Help. 

there’s clearly so so so so much more to your story that it’d be impossible to try and help you out here. 

find local help! Good luck!