Should I quit my demanding retail job after my second covid infection?

I'm a 30 y/o woman and I was mostly healthy prior to this year. I had monthly migraines but they are managed with medication. My current retail job is insanely demanding. I've only been there two months,  but I just had my second covid infection. I was acutely sick for about a week, tested negative three weeks ago. 

I tried to go back to work, was back for three days. Woke up on my day off so weak I could barely move. With the worst post viral relapse I've ever had. I could barely move from bed for three days, with crippling fatigue. I couldn't even wash my hair. My arms felt like lead weights. 

I'm back off work until I can see a doctor. I've slowly gotten stronger this week but the post viral fatigue is still awful. I went for a walk today and it laid me flat for hours after, shivering and feeling terrible. 

I'm almost certain I won't be well enough for full time retail work for at least three months. Every time I try to do a normal activity where I'm not sitting,  I get weak and exhausted. It's disturbing. 

It took me three months to fully "recover"  from covid the first time. And I don't think that was even a full recovery. I was only recovered for about four months before I got covid again. 

My job has always been kind of s***. It's super high stress and the manager is toxic. I was casting around for other work before this happened anyway. 

What I'm wondering is, if you were me would you just quit? Or take the risk of going back to a demanding retail job with part time hours? Which is what I've currently requested from my manager. 

I also think it's a super unhealthy workplace. There's no proper air conditioning or ventilation and breaks are really short. I feel it contributes to staff getting sick. 

It doesn't seem like a good fit for you. Only you can decide what you need in terms of income, medical insurance,etc. Keep looking. Quitting abruptly is rarely a good idea.

5 hours ago, Wearyone said:

My job has always been kind of s***. It's super high stress and the manager is toxic.

This sounds stressful. How is he or she toxic? What has your manager done to create such an environment?