Take them back.

ms.stressed

I hate break-ups...I don't want them back...because they hurt me...or did something dumb...I've heard, "you accept the love you think you deserve". When someone does somethings, it's okay to take them back, but not if they do the same thing again...

15 hours ago, ms.stressed said:

, it's okay to take them back, but not if they do the same thing again...

I tend to disagree with this. On/off relationships are fraught with unresolved incompatibilities and conflicts combined with an unhealthy attachment and lack of better opportunities.

Dating is to see if you're a good fit. If not, why go down the same dead end over and over?

Keep in mind that taking someone back condones the behavior. This sets up a doormat situation. It's far better to cut your losses or be able to work whatever it is out. Breakups/makeups are just chaos and turbulence.

• Like 1

It wouldn’t sit well with me if someone chose a break up over working out any issues while together. I don’t need the extra long winded up and downs and prefer more steadiness.

• Like 1
  • Author
On 12/6/2022 at 7:28 AM, glows said:

It wouldn’t sit well with me if someone chose a break up over working out any issues while together. I don’t need the extra long winded up and downs and prefer more steadiness.

That wouldn't work with me, cuz Imma tell you why I'm mad, lol...and I don't fight. 

3 hours ago, ms.stressed said:

That wouldn't work with me, cuz Imma tell you why I'm mad, lol...and I don't fight. 

I don’t see why you can’t communicate if something bothers you and still remain in the relationship.

Expressing that you’re upset does not need to mean ending a relationship.

Edited by glows

Relationship take a lot of work. Dating starts you both on the path of doing this with someone you think you , love, or want to be with.  Breaking up is necessary sometimes when you find the one you are with is not a good thing for you, but I also hope you do not become a person who breaks up, starts over with someone new, and then breaks up again and then wonders why you do not have a life partner.  Some may not want a life partner, and that's fine if you are ready for the consequences, mostly later in life.  Taking someone back, well you need to decide if things have really changed, or if you are just going to be in the same place.  So, I guess, I am stating that being someone who breaks up at the first sign of any issue may not be healthy, but also, continually getting back together with someone who is harmful or not respectful to you is the same.  There must be a middle ground, what it is, is not the same for everyone, but something you some look out for in your life. 

My two cents...

Just reread this, not the most helpful thing.