Am I being unfair to my partner?

Confusingstate

Confusingstate

Although I told my partner months ago that I'd visit his place most weekends (and if all worked out I'd move to his area), I'm finding the transition somewhat difficult. It's not so much the physical part (driving and packing/unpacking) but the whole area is new to me so I'm not in my "comfort zone".  I really enjoy being with him and don't want to break a "promise" nor do I want to upset him, but how is the best way to handle this without upsetting him? He does come to me on occasion but many weekends I go there.  

I don't plan on seeing him Thanksgiving weekend (other than for the day of Thanksgiving) b/c my kids from out of town will be staying with me over the weekend and they want to visit me when he is not there.  This weekend I wanted to just cook and relax but then I'd not be going there for 2 consecutive weekends.  I'd certainly invite him to my house this weekend but I know that he won't be happy with that.

17 minutes ago, Confusingstate said:

how is the best way to handle this without upsetting him? I'd certainly invite him to my house this weekend but I know that he won't be happy with that.

Be honest rather "fearing upsetting him". The relationship shouldn't be so tenuous that you can't speak your mind. Invite him for Thanksgiving. If he can make it he will go.