I (M27) met my ex-girlfriend (F26) and the meetup went well. However I'm not sure what do do next.

Select-Ad8928

Select-Ad8928

TLDR at the bottom

Just over 6 months ago, my (M27) ex-girlfriend (F26) broke up with me after a relationship of 6 years and living together for just over 2 years. The relationship was great and we had a deep love for one another. However, I had a (professional) secret/mistake which I didn't tell her for just over 2 years.

2 months before our break-up I decided to come clean to her. The secret didn't affect her personally, however she was completely surprised by it and was completely thrown of balance. Over those two months, several things came together (being seperated by having covid both of us, illnes of family member, me cleaning up my mess) which eventuelly led us being pushed apart. She moved out and back to the city where she originally was from and always wanted to go live (but was impossible while we were together). At the time, I felt like I was betrayed by her since she didn't support me. She felt that I betrayed her by not being open to her (which was obviously correct).
We did a hard no-contact for several months, only having heard from eachother once over the past 6 months. Until she texted me last week, where she said that she wanted to meet up and so we did this past weekend.

I was invited to her new place, where she showed me around and I was genuinly happy for her with her living there in the cosy place. The meetup went well and we had (in my experience at least) a very good vibe in between us of mutual respect and were both quite interested in one another's past months.

Over those months, I attoned for my professional mistake, making amends with everybody involved. Additionally, due to that, I've grown a lot as a professional but also just as a human being I think. I'm much more open & just enjoy living life to its fullest. I've picked up things that I never would've done without having experienced this, and for that I'm extremely grateful. I'm not sure whether or not the breakup was the right thing to do, as I can't deny that I've learned so much from it. However, I quite often still miss our bond and vibe.

During our meetup, she expressed pretty much the exact feeling. She did things with the freedom that she would've never done before and is really happy with that (and to be honest, I am too for her). She's also happy living in the city that she wanted to live in, and is pretty fine with that.
One week ago, she went to a trip in a neighbouring country to walk in the woods and that's when she decided that she wanted to see me again. She thought long and hard over the last months about our relationship and feels pretty much exactly as I do. She loves the freedom (and experience) that she got, but that she occasionally misses us and me.
We also talked about the breakup part, where we both basically apologized heavily for our part in the breakup and wished things would've gone differently. She said that she felt that she was a bad partner for not seeing that I carried that secret with me for those two years, I said that I felt like a bad partner for not trusting her (eventhough I did it to protect her, still I should've told her nontheless).

At the end of our meetup, I said that if she is ever back in the town that I live in that she should let me know so that we can meetup again. Just before I left in my car, I sent her a quick screenshot of a memory that we both cherish heavily and she immediately replied with her version of that screenshot.

Since then (2-3 days), I've not heard from her and I'm very unsure on how to proceed. On the one hand, I also like the freedom that I have now but I can't deny the feeling that I've felt since that meetup. Since she took the initiative for the last meetup, I feel that it's up to me now, and that she will take the backseat but I also don't want to invade and push myself onto her as I don't know what I want myself exactly. Also we didn't make it clear to eachother wether or not that meetup was a one-time thing, or that we would see eachother regularly now.

I'm so confused right now on what to do..

TLDR: my (M27) ex-girlfriend (F26) broke up with me after a relationship of 6 years and living together for just over 2 years. After a hard no-contact, she texted me to meetup last week and so we did. The meetup went really well and now I'm not sure on what do next.

1 hour ago, Select-Ad8928 said:

She's also happy living in the city that she wanted to live in, and is pretty fine with that. At the end of our meetup, I said that if she is ever back in the town that I live in that she should let me know so that we can meetup again.

Sorry this happened. Unfortunately she seems nostalgic, but much happier now.  It doesn't seem like a reconciliation is on her mind (or yours).

You left the ball in her court, so wait to hear from her.

• Like 1