Feeling Lost

JackofHearts13

Hi all. Thanks for taking the time to read this. 

My wife and I met on a dating app a little over 2 years ago. I lived in Chicago and she lived in St Louis. It was in the middle of Covid and so we chatted on line for about 3 months. At that point we were feeling very much in love, and, maybe we were crazy, but when we finally met we got married 2 days later. She had a teenage daughter from a previous marriage, and I didn't have any kids. I left my apartment in Chicago and moved in with her and her daughter in St Louis. The first couple of years were great. But there were little things that raised some flags with me: She had come from an abusive previous marriage and an incredibly abusive childhood and carries massive trauma because of it. She would do things in the course of the first two years like have an extremely short fuse, or get incredibly worked up all of a sudden and fly off the handles. But I always chalked it up to the trauma and thought we could work through it. She was also incredibly micro manage'y. Always telling me how to do things and making me feel like I wasn't adequate, but we talked through a lot of that during the first couple of years. Over these past few months things have taken a turn. We were told we needed to leave our apartment because the owner is selling the building. Then two days later I lost my job. She doesn't handle stress very well, neither do I. I'm on meds for anti-anxiety and have a history of panic attacks. I'm very mild mannered and positive and she's very high energy, high stress person. Ever since these two things happened she's been incredibly angry. She's snappy with me all the time. We had a big blowout fight where she told me I lacked motivation and I have my head in the clouds. She told me she wanted to go stay at my family cabin in Chicago for a while so we can both have space. When I packed up and readied to the go the morning she yelled at me and accused me of not being a family man and trying to abandon her when it was HER IDEA to get space. We look at apartments and she tells me I need to apply to 10 jobs a day and she's constantly on me about it. Everything I do is wrong, and she's always so wired and on edge that it makes me psychically uncomfortable to be around her.  I'm so tired of her making me feel inadequate and useless. These past couple of weeks I've sort of shut off. I'm dreaming of just making an excuse and going to my family cabin to get away and recharge. Is that wrong? I feel like if I mention it to her she's lose her mind. I'm really at my breaking point and I don't know what to do. I'm missing being alone, and single i'm not happy any more. 

Jack

Can you get the marriage annulled? Speak to an attorney about that. Yes move back home and get away from the situation. She seems a bit unhinged.