Husband going out without me

I don't know if forcing him to allow you to go would be the right answer. Also depends on who you are, what you're comfortable with... I know if I did that to my guy he'd get really resentful, and it'd just cause a huge fight. Don't know how your H would take it.

The only reason he gave you was that there wasn't space for you? Seems convienent, like you said.

How about this, right before he leaves stick a voice activated tape recorder in his pocket and send him out to play? Then you'd know if he was doing stuff he didn't want you to know about. hehehe.. j/k.

I'm going to think on this a bit and get back to it later. Although, I wondered why none of the guys on LS are saying anything on this thread? Scared?

harleygirl92156
Yes we have talked this out over and over. He says there is no space in the game and then at dinner with family I overhear him talking about a sub that came into the game a couple weeks ago.

We have a great sex life and we do lots of things together when we can..we both work full time. He just doesn't get it. It is not like biking or playing golf, it is late night partying and socializing with a bunch of people. Just think about it, if your SO was biking or playing golf with whomever, wouldn't you at some point know who they were? It seems strange to me that it is so separate and that is more of my worry. I didn't ever want to stop him from doing it, I just wanted to be included once and awhile. He doesn't understand why I'm so upset. It is indicative of his future behavior.

We do many things together but in this instance since it has been so long it feels wierd not to know any of the 10-15 people he has now gotten to know playing cards for almost 2 years. I don't think it is asking too much to go to a game once and awhile just to see the big hype and see what he likes about it so much and if I might like it. And maybe I might meet a friend too.

Oh well, enough of this.

I'm from Maryland......maybe I can check out some other people's questions before my fingers get too tired.:confused:

oops hit quote by accident

harleygirl92156

If it was me, I would just show up some evening once the party was in full swing, introduce myself and join in. That way you can walk in on him and see what the PROBLEM really is. My bet is he is cheating on you and that is why he doesn't want you there. Just a hunch, but I would certainly be checking it out.

I think what stuck out at me the most is when you said he told you "there was no space in the game, to include you." Thats BS! All he has to do is before the next time he goes out, he can tell his friends, that his wife would like to play is it ok if you join them in a game sometime. Personally theres a reason for why he says thats not 'enough space for you." I would do what another poster suggested, show up one evening out of the blue and see whats going on.

Jade

Yep, Western NC, up in the beautiful mountains, and to make it worse to Glitter I was born here! :laugh: And I is edumacated ;) so Im not retarded:D

My marriage is reverse, H is from Chicago:love: He couldn't understand me, but since I am female I guess that would be pretty natural anyway :lmao:

Oh and a side note I have a huge family that mostly live in the area, so chances are you would know someone in my family.

Hey Diva! Your post made me laugh. Sorry, I'm just now seeing this. I have a feeling we live in the same town or close.

My H is from here so he may very well know some if your kin!

There is a reason he isn't wanting you to go and if i was you i would tell you was going and see what he has to say.. I'm sure they won't mind one more player if not you can watch !! Does women go too ? Is it just couples ?

• 1 month later...
alturrnababe

Hey bluejay..

I totally know what you are going thru.My husband plays soccer every sunday and tuesday, and bowling every wednesday and thursday.Fridays and saturdays are a mix of poker and soccer.This is every week..and all without me and the kids.I do pretty much everything around here...and I absolutely hate it when he showers and gets ready to go out! I had originally thought that when he and the guys played poker, there were no women present, but at christmas time his brother's girlfriend told me that almost everybody brought their wives/ girlfriends/ partners...I can tell you that really hurt my feelings,especially when they all go to the bar afterwards! I think these guys are all about having their cake and eat it too!