Can longer affairs remain only physical?

• Author
7 hours ago, S2B said:

Why haven’t you asked him what he plans to do about his marriage?

IF you two were as close as you say - I would think it would have been discussed.

since it hasn’t been discussed = you have no idea who this man really is. Be cautious.

ask him! Start pressuring him - you’ll have your answer. Likely he will push you away so you expect less.

IF you can’t tell him how you feel - and what you expect - there is NO relationship here. 

the other thought - you both will hurt several other people. That’s a given. Affairs cause harm.

have you told your husband you are leaving the relationship?

Well, I don’t dive into that aspect of his personal life or pressure him to leave.. I don’t want to be with him, I don’t want him to leave her to be with me, and I don’t want to have that type of emotional relationship where we share all those details if that makes sense. I’ve been upfront about leaving my primary relationship, (and I mean no justification by explaining this, just mentioning it since you asked about the circumstances) and he (my partner) doesn’t want me to leave, doesn’t want it to end, and refuses to leave the house… won’t work on our relationship in counseling, won’t consider making changes to improve the relationship, yet wants to remain together and not change a thing, because he’s happy with the way things are and doesn’t want to do the work to make our partnership better …..which takes a bit of time for me to unentangle myself from. It’s a mess… 

Edited by Lizza340

Tell me what the entanglement is - exactly - with your boyfriend.

IF you wanted to separate everything today - you could. 
it may include finalizing some things later - like the sale of property or a business later - but literally when someone wants to leave asap they can figure out a way.

do you work full time? Can you support yourself without him?

Edited by S2B
  • Like 1
On 9/20/2022 at 6:00 AM, Lizza340 said:

refuses to leave the house… 

Do you co-own the house? If so you'll need an attorney to sever that. If not you'll need to move out or get a formal eviction process.

This affair is only a band-aid on the malignant relationship you're in.

When you finally have the courage to leave, you'll feel better and stop seeking diversions and distractions.

BreakOnThrough

Judging aside, if you are both content being [sexual partners] for one another and nothing else, it can work for a time, but expect nothing more.  The downside is VERY steep and you'll not realize what the ramifications are until they happen, most end up being regretful, infinitely more than what the affair ever offered.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 1