Close friend is involved with mentally unstable woman who is also under State's care.

ChattyKat

Since they're both legally adults, there's nothing anyone can do.  My close friend has always had a Savior's Complex.  This woman that he has recently gotten involved within the past year has accused several men of a serious crime they didn't commit.  Our mutual friends are afraid the same will happen to him and some have warned him.  He claims to be just friends with her but at the same time treats her like a girlfriend including staying overnight at her place.  The woman has 6 different mental disorders....  And because of their age difference, with him being easily old enough to be her father, it almost feels like he's preying on her vulnerabilities. She's still very young, just entered adulthood few years ago. It just seems like a disaster in the making.  

My close friend has a no criminal history, his own home, and maintains a full-time job.  It breaks my heart to watch him risk it all over a woman who can't be helped.  There's a reason she's has a Guardian who watches after her.  She's mentally ill. 

Well he's certainly old enough to know what he's doing so all you can do is wish him well and stay out of it.  He's smitten by a hot younger woman and there's  probably nothing anyone can do or say to tear him away from her.  It sounds like she's got some power over men from the way you describe her.  Too bad.

• Like 1

You need to stay out of it and keep your distance from this entire situation.  There's really nothing else to say.  I would be wary of being friends with a person like this, who has such poor judgment as to get involved with a mentally unstable woman.  It sounds like he has a lot of issues of his own.  I'm not sure why you would even be friends with a person like that.