Does this mean anything coming from a guy that your kinda friends with ?

So I recently complemented a guy friend on his new project. He responded “I appreciate you always “ ???? Does this phrase mean anything or am I’m reading to much into it? 

Not enough to make the judgment. 

Did you compliment have any extra ring to it? Do you have any interest in this guy? If so, he might have picked up your interest and responded in kind. 

It's really unhealthy to do this - grasp onto a very simple phrase and go to great lengths trying to figure out potential hidden secret meanings within.  How can people even communicate with each other if one of them is doing this?  It seems that half the posts on these relationship boards are basically versions of this.  

Try to have a conversation, spend some time with a person.  That is how you will get to know what they are all about.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Emma7897 said:

I recently complemented a guy friend on his new project. He responded “I appreciate you always “ 

It seems like a polite thank you. Do you have a crush on him? Are you hoping it means more than thanks for the compliment?

On 8/27/2022 at 11:59 PM, Emma7897 said:

So I recently complemented a guy friend on his new project. He responded “I appreciate you always “ ???? Does this phrase mean anything or am I’m reading to much into it? 

My read would be that it is one of simple kindness on his part.