met for first time [updated]

• Author

so if a girl likes u how would she respond:

this was my text " good morning. i wish you were lying next to me😊. see you for breakfast in an hour"

her response " morning. you woke early. im just going to get changed/shower. see you soon x"

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Typo in title

It looks fine. She’s stating the facts and what she’s doing, also confirming she’s meeting with you. That’s what I would do/expect.

Stay focused on in person chemistry (not the texting or daydreaming so much) and enjoy your date. Breakfast dates are fun. The whole day is ahead of the both of you. Are you spending the day together? 

• Author
17 minutes ago, glows said:

It looks fine. She’s stating the facts and what she’s doing, also confirming she’s meeting with you. That’s what I would do/expect.

Stay focused on in person chemistry (not the texting or daydreaming so much) and enjoy your date. Breakfast dates are fun. The whole day is ahead of the both of you. Are you spending the day together? 

sorry maybe i put this out of context from my previous thread. but this was a girl that i talked to/videocalled for 3 months then flew in to london. spent 3 days with her on dates. This message was the day after she stayed in a hotel(i didnt stay with her i stayed at home)

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, fred123 said:

this was my text " good morning. i wish you were lying next to me😊. see you for breakfast in an hour"

Because you haven’t slept with the woman, this text is rather inappropriate.

That said, her response is consistent with her decision not to have sex that weekend - she ignored your suggestive comment, and confirmed that she will meet you soon. 

Edited by BaileyB
  • Thanks 1
  • Author
21 minutes ago, BaileyB said:

That said, her response is consistent with her decision not to have sex that weekend - she ignored your suggestive comment, and confirmed that she will meet you soon. 

makes sense. she ignored it on purpose i guess.

is it inappropriate to text or mention about cuddling for example.  saying it would be nice to cuddle one evening or something?

34 minutes ago, BaileyB said:

I came here to post the exact same thing.

Fred: if you've never spent the night together then don't make comments about how nice it would be to wake up together. Keep those for after. Simple rule.

Edited by Gaeta
12 minutes ago, fred123 said:

is it inappropriate to text or mention about cuddling for example.  saying it would be nice to cuddle one evening or something?

This woman lives in another country, does she not? Have you planned another visit? Has she given you any indication after the initial meeting that she wants to be in an intimate relationship with you? I know that you fooled around a little on this weekend, but moving forward - what has she told you that she wants to happen?

Edited by BaileyB
  • Author
7 minutes ago, BaileyB said:

This woman lives in another country, does she not? Have you planned another visit? Has she given you any indication after the initial meeting that she wants to be in an intimate relationship with you? I know that you fooled around a little on this weekend, but moving forward - what has she told you that she wants to happen?

she hasnt said anything. dropped her off to the airport. kissed for a few minutes. she says she wants to see me again and me too. she said that i should get a jab to come to netherlands and she would show me around her city. I said she should come back to london to see (insert her engaged friends) and me:). i mentioned other cities in the UK id like to take her to

• Author
15 minutes ago, Gaeta said:

I came here to post the exact same thing.

Fred: if you've never spent the night together then don't make comments about how nice it would be to wake up together. Keep those for after. Simple rule.

ok. lesson heard and learning:)  what about mentioning cuddling? cos a couple of months ago on a video call she mentioned "i bet u want some cuddles" . is it appropriate now to mention that or?

• Author
16 minutes ago, CLS63AMG said:

Do it again and she'll be gone most likely

its funny cos when i spoke to some of my friends they said she disrespected me by saying she was tired and wanted to sleep early. they said she just used me to hang out with here in london

29 minutes ago, fred123 said:

dropped her off to the airport. come to netherlands and she would show me around her city. 

It was a one time fly-by because she agreed to see you while she has other business in the area. Don't send sexual innuendos. While she was there visiting she turned down the idea of a sexual encounter.

• Author
3 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

It was a one time fly-by because she agreed to see you while she has other business in the area. Don't send sexual innuendos. While she was there visiting she turned down the idea of a sexual encounter.

so how would you explain the months of texting and video calls etc before and the sweet messages.

and she was fondling me after the first date in the car etc. do you think she wants to really see me again?

1 hour ago, fred123 said:

If she doesn’t reciprocate as she did not do above continuing to do so is inappropriate, yes. 

Why can’t you just ask her out on a regular date in future if you’re in the same city and cuddle period. There’s no need to lead up with comments.

35 minutes ago, fred123 said:

ok. lesson heard and learning:)  what about mentioning cuddling? cos a couple of months ago on a video call she mentioned "i bet u want some cuddles" . is it appropriate now to mention that or?

All this is contrary to a gentleman's behavior. 

What is your goal with this woman?

• Author
1 minute ago, glows said:

If she doesn’t reciprocate as she did not do above continuing to do so is inappropriate, yes. 

Why can’t you just ask her out on a regular date in future if you’re in the same city and cuddle period. There’s no need to lead up with comments.

i forgot to mention we did cuddle for a bit actually in the hotel room early evening when we checked in before we headed to dinner. but wasnt super long :(

• Author
2 minutes ago, Gaeta said:

All this is contrary to a gentleman's behavior. 

What is your goal with this woman?

i got feelings for her:(  i really liked her.

thought she did too after spending a few days together

1 minute ago, fred123 said:

i got feelings for her:(  i really liked her.

thought she did too after spending a few days together

But that does not tell me your goal. You want to date her? Want a relationship? Or just bed her?

1 minute ago, fred123 said:

i forgot to mention we did cuddle for a bit actually in the hotel room early evening when we checked in before we headed to dinner. but wasnt super long :(

I get the feeling you’re looking for more opportunities for intimacy. This is a long distance situation so you’re going to be gravely at a deficit where it comes to in person, regular affections couples generally share while dating locally. Maybe rethink the ldr and travel requirements for dating if you’re not feeling that great about this.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, fred123 said:

do you think she wants to really see me again?

She mentioned if you are ever in the Netherlands, she'll show you around. If there is an interest in sexting is a different story.

• Author
11 minutes ago, Gaeta said:

But that does not tell me your goal. You want to date her? Want a relationship? Or just bed her?

i want a relationship.  she has been cold with t3xts this week. not repyling.

iv asked her twice for a phone or video call and she said she is busy those days with friends. she didnt come with another day.  no kisses on her t3xts or anything. seems cold

• Author
Just now, Wiseman2 said:

She mentioned if you are ever in the Netherlands, she'll show you around. If there is an interest in sexting is a different story.

are we platonic?

6 minutes ago, fred123 said:

i want a relationship.  she has been cold with t3xts this week. not repyling.

How often can you visit the netherlands? Are you open to relocate there?

• Author
2 minutes ago, Gaeta said:

How often can you visit the netherlands? Are you open to relocate there?

i cant go im not vaccinated. i dont think the issue is me relocating. she has gone from hot to cold since sunday.

she was into me last 3 months and on thurs evening. now its cold

Just now, fred123 said:

i cant go im not vaccinated. i dont think the issue is me relocating. she has gone from hot to cold since sunday.

she was into me last 3 months and on thurs evening. now its cold

You are concentrating on the tree standing in front on the forest.

There is no point hoping for a relationship with a woman that lives in another country and in which you are not even allowed to visit.

She has made that realization as well. She doesn't want to invest in you anymore. This relationship wouldn't be viable.

Time for you to find someone local.

No woman (or man) can find happiness in a video/text relationship.

• Like 2