Policy or fail?

Bantosm

I broke up with my girlfriend on Wednesday it was over due. I feel so much more energized now. After a breakup, I make it a habit to make new connections.

Yesterday, I made two new connections. However, the woman I was most interested in getting to know, said she didn't give out her number. The problem was the accounts manager was right there. In my office, there is a policy against fratenizing with customers, so I can only assume she could get in trouble if she gave her personal number to a customer in front of her superior.

Should I take it as a rejection or is there something more I can possibly do? I have to do business there a a couple times a week and she explictly knows I'm interested getting to know her now. 

21 minutes ago, Bantosm said:

n my office, there is a policy against fratenizing with customers, so I can only assume she could get in trouble if she gave her personal number

If this is the case move on and leave her alone.  She wants her job.  There are millions of other women to chose from.  Good luck.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bantosm said:

I broke up with my girlfriend on Wednesday. the woman I was most interested in getting to know, said she didn't give out her number.

Don't ask random women for their numbers, particularly at their place of business. It's too awkward. 

• Like 2
  • Author
1 hour ago, Wiseman2 said:

Don't ask random women for their numbers, particularly at their place of business. It's too awkward. 

Sorry that is bad advice. I would've missed out on a ton of fun relationships if I had followed that kind of logic. I've met women at their place of work who later said they did everything they could do to get me make a move. 

• Author
3 hours ago, stillafool said:

If this is the case move on and leave her alone.  She wants her job.  There are millions of other women to chose from.  Good luck.

She wants her job?  I would have done the exact same if she had asked for my number with my boss close by. That doesn't mean that I wasn't interested in her. 

5 hours ago, Bantosm said:

Should I take it as a rejection or is there something more I can possibly do?

5 hours ago, Bantosm said:

the woman I was most interested in getting to know, said she didn't give out her number.

Yes I would call that rejection and no don't ask her again.  

• Like 1

No means no.  If she wants you to keep trying in a more discreet manner, she will give you a discreet yes.

Edited by basil67
  • Author
16 hours ago, basil67 said:

No means no.  If she wants you to keep trying in a more discreet manner, she will give you a discreet yes.

She didn't say no. She said she didn't give out her number. That's the expected response with a boss nearby. 

Last fall, a cashier gave a similar response. However there was no boss around, so I was able to follow up. It turned out that she used that objection because men had asked for number but they didn't call her. I assured her I'd call and I did. If her boss had been around, then it guaranteed would've been game over.