Could this work?

lionheart14

Last year I met a girl online. We became friends very quickly and have been interacting quite regularly (facetime/skype/text) since then. We live in the US in neighboring states, but in cities which are about 4-hours apart. There's good chemistry between us and I like her a lot, and I think she might like me back too. If it weren't because of the distance between us I would have asked her out already.

I'm tempted to tell her that I want to visit her city and ask her if she would like to meet me there. However, even if I do that and things go well, I don't know how we could make things work from there. I'm 25 and she's 21. She's a college student (education) and is going to graduate next year. I'm currently working in a company who requires me to stay living in the same city for the next 4 years, after that I could move.

Edited by lionheart14
typos

How did you meet online? Is she employed? If she isn’t you’re the one footing the bill for any travel. Work out the expenses on what it’s like to meet 2-3 times a month. Also know that LDRs develop differently over time than other local relationships might. You’re setting yourself up for a major disadvantage. If you choose to move later down the line don’t move in together right away. This is usually a huge mistake and couples realize it’s too much, too soon. 

The initial idea is usually tempting but the logistics, costs and realization along the way of not seeing one another as often usually starts to eat away at any intimacy. It’s worth a try if you both agree to explore the possibility.

Edited by glows