Discouraged

MountainsBowDown

MountainsBowDown

After figuring out EXACTLY what type of woman I'm searching for I got a boost of hope. "I'll find her!" Or so I thought. 

Then I met this woman that is 'uncannily' everything I was looking for and...can't even get her interested enough to reply texts (predictable.) She didnt ask a single question...Oh God, she really couldn't care less. It always goes this way too. I wonder how these women I try to get to know can be so uninvolved. Even though how we met could go into a movie and be better than 99% of meet cute's in all cinema/literature history, I still get totally ignored. It's not a lack of romance in the air, I just totally fail to be interesting or look like a good prospect apparently. 

Not into texting? 🙄 

Yeah I'm not buying it.

Maybe God just showed me this woman as some sort of joke? Or sign? 

I'm just mad that I can't find the one I'm looking for. Even when I find a woman I'd love to get to know and be/sleep with...its anti-climactic. It NEVER happens. They know it won't happen and play along too 🤦 fakes. 

Good news is I've figured out how this works and knowledge is the cure for dissapointment so now it doesnt hurt so much, i just don't feel anything for a day. Then back to searching. 

Edited by MountainsBowDown

What did you say exactly? I notice there are quite a few individuals eager to make an impression via online dating but they are not reading profiles carefully. Some will also claim that they want a certain woman but they themselves don’t have the lifestyle or values that complement the other person. 

Some will say it doesn’t matter what you write but I tend to disagree. Many are not meaningful or well thought out. 

Did you ask her out on a date or it didn’t get that far? 

Edited by glows

Her reaction shows you that she wasn't exactly the type of person you are looking for.   You only know if they are that right person when you've gotten to know them.  

Don't set too much faith in the personality of someone you barely know.

9 hours ago, MountainsBowDown said:

Then I met this woman that is 'uncannily' everything I was looking for and...can't even get her interested enough to reply texts

Was this through a dating app or an incidental in-person meeting?

• Author
MountainsBowDown
5 hours ago, glows said:

What did you say exactly? I notice there are quite a few individuals eager to make an impression via online dating but they are not reading profiles carefully. Some will also claim that they want a certain woman but they themselves don’t have the lifestyle or values that complement the other person. 

Some will say it doesn’t matter what you write but I tend to disagree. Many are not meaningful or well thought out. 

Nah, met her in person. Never used online dating. I asked her How are you. 

Did you ask her out on a date or it didn’t get that far? 

I wish. 

• Author
MountainsBowDown
43 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Was this through a dating app or an incidental in-person meeting?

Incidental in person meeting

3 minutes ago, MountainsBowDown said:

Nah, met her in person. Never used online dating. I asked her How are you. 

Join some groups and clubs. Volunteer. Take some classes and courses. Talk to regulars and get to know women at these places.

Get a good profile and pics on Quality dating apps. Starting talking to and meeting women in person for a brief drink/coffee.

• Author
MountainsBowDown
1 hour ago, basil67 said:

Her reaction shows you that she wasn't exactly the type of person you are looking for.   You only know if they are that right person when you've gotten to know them.  

Don't set too much faith in the personality of someone you barely know.

It sounds naive, but she really is the type I was looking for, uncannily so even. I recognized who she was moments after meeting her. It just sucks that she isn't looking for anything with me. 

That’s ok. Move on and don’t consume yourself with one rejection. When you’re feeling better put yourself out there again. 

• Author
MountainsBowDown
18 minutes ago, glows said:

That’s ok. Move on and don’t consume yourself with one rejection. When you’re feeling better put yourself out there again. 

She'll come back. I always meet these women again in the most incredible ways. And if not, I've already done the numbers and there are 390,472,730 women like her in the world. So there's 2500 women like that in my city AT BEST. Know it sounds insane but I'm actually a genius.

Anyway, thanks!:) 

2 minutes ago, MountainsBowDown said:

She'll come back. I always meet these women again in the most incredible ways. And if not, I've already done the numbers and there are 390,472,730 women like her in the world. So there's 2500 women like that in my city AT BEST. Know it sounds insane but I'm actually a genius.

Anyway, thanks!:) 

Who’s coming back? The woman who doesn’t want to talk to you?

• Author
MountainsBowDown
23 minutes ago, glows said:

Who’s coming back? The woman who doesn’t want to talk to you?

Maybe...you never know.

She's the same woman who asked me to zip up the back of her dress and said she'll keep leaving it unzipped on purpose for when she sees me, held me tight several times, we even kind of kissed. You think it'd be far fetched to imagine that if I saw her again we would start back up where we left off? 

As for why she wasn't talkative over text and then just stopped replying, I'm not sure. 

1 hour ago, MountainsBowDown said:

Maybe...you never know.

She's the same woman who asked me to zip up the back of her dress and said she'll keep leaving it unzipped on purpose for when she sees me, held me tight several times, we even kind of kissed. You think it'd be far fetched to imagine that if I saw her again we would start back up where we left off? 

As for why she wasn't talkative over text and then just stopped replying, I'm not sure. 

It sounds like she flirted with you quite a bit and then left you hanging. Could you describe what kind of woman you're looking for? It may be the type for high excitement but not much potential in the long run. I'd use the opportunity to make adjustments in what you want out of someone you'd consider relationship potential.

There could be any reason why she didn't stop responding. In the past I felt there wasn't enough chemistry from a person's lack of awareness, lack of chemistry, something they might have said or not feeling it's a good fit overall, perhaps the person was more interested in something else like looks/physical intimacy or on a different wavelength. Maybe she's on and off with someone else or not prepared to date. There could be any reason. I wouldn't focus too much on this except on the fact that she did stop speaking with you. This means that she wasn't afraid to move on to someone else or let you go.

I wouldn't hold my breath on reconnecting with someone who didn't seem interested the first time around.

Edited by glows
dramafreezone
15 hours ago, MountainsBowDown said:

After figuring out EXACTLY what type of woman I'm searching for I got a boost of hope. "I'll find her!" Or so I thought. 

Then I met this woman that is 'uncannily' everything I was looking for and...can't even get her interested enough to reply texts (predictable.) She didnt ask a single question...Oh God, she really couldn't care less. It always goes this way too. I wonder how these women I try to get to know can be so uninvolved. Even though how we met could go into a movie and be better than 99% of meet cute's in all cinema/literature history, I still get totally ignored. It's not a lack of romance in the air, I just totally fail to be interesting or look like a good prospect apparently. 

Not into texting? 🙄 

Yeah I'm not buying it.

I'm just mad that I can't find the one I'm looking for. Even when I find a woman I'd love to get to know and be/sleep with...its anti-climactic. It NEVER happens. They know it won't happen and play along too 🤦 fakes. 

Good news is I've figured out how this works and knowledge is the cure for dissapointment so now it doesnt hurt so much, i just don't feel anything for a day. Then back to searching. 

One quote that I heard a couple of years ago helped me to cope with what you're feeling.  "No amount of you wanting her will make her interested in you."

Someone either likes you or they don't.  Your interest does nothing for her.  Attraction is pretty much predetermined.  If she's not interested then there's nothing to really dwell on or bemoan. 

We just have to focus on those women that actually do find us interesting. I've internalized this point so much that I find it to be a character flaw if they *DON'T* find me interesting.  It's a bit arrogant to say out loud but I think you have to be a bit arrogant in this dating climate.

But one piece of advice that I would give is stop looking so hard.  I think women have an intuitive sense of someone that is thirsty or desperate for a GF and it turns them off, the inference being if he has such a great life why is he having to beg someone to be a part of it.  Live a full, interesting life, an ATTRACTIVE life, and the right woman will willfully put herself in your orbit, because she wants to be there as well.

Edited by dramafreezone
16 hours ago, MountainsBowDown said:

Then I met this woman that is 'uncannily' everything I was looking for and...can't even get her interested enough to reply texts (predictable.) She didnt ask a single question...Oh God, she really couldn't care less. It always goes this way too. I wonder how these women I try to get to know can be so uninvolved. Even though how we met could go into a movie and be better than 99% of meet cute's in all cinema/literature history, I still get totally ignored. It's not a lack of romance in the air, I just totally fail to be interesting or look like a good prospect apparently. ....

The woman you are looking for on paper, there is more to the one than a list of attributes and looks, also personality....which clearly hers is not lining up with your one.   Also, there is no guarantee just because she is you one, that you are her's.  I experienced this in OLD, especially women where I seemed to be exactly what they were looking fro but never a pep back n messaging...clearly I was missing something.

But there was others where it worked.  Knowing what you are after is but the first step, albeit a critical one.

Not into texting? 🙄 

Yeah I'm not buying it.

Buy it, or at least believe people lie that exist.   Know them and in part on e of them.  However, if I am in to someone...can esaily overcome it.

Maybe to keep you humble, take a look at how you come across? It's not all about you, you have to meet what she is after too.  I'd also say more to give you hope they exist.

I'm just mad that I can't find the one I'm looking for. Even when I find a woman I'd love to get to know and be/sleep with...its anti-climactic. It NEVER happens. They know it won't happen and play along too 🤦 fakes. ...

Calling them fakes, to me, is a cop out and not being able to see what she is looking for is just as important as what you are.   I'd say it is more she is trying to figure out if it will happen and giving it (you) a chance.  If you view the lack of sex after meeting someone as anti-climatic...then my experience is you have your head in the wrong space...a fair number of women can pickup on such agenda (aka player) type thinking and it usually is not a turn on.

8 hours ago, MountainsBowDown said:

Why was her dress unzipped in your presence?   I'm trying to understand the context of your meeting

• Author
MountainsBowDown
8 hours ago, glows said:

Could you describe what kind of woman you're looking for?

I could and in perfect detail. But who could understand?

• Author
MountainsBowDown
6 hours ago, dramafreezone said:

It's a bit arrogant to say out loud but I think you have to be a bit arrogant in this dating climate.

Fake it till you make it, right? It works.