Feeling lonely

Thomas100121

I am a single guy, nearly 35. I don't have many friends anymore and looking to increase my social circle.

Happy Lemming

Can you describe your life a little bit... Do you engage in any sports/hobbies, etc.??  Do you have any interests that would lead you to a group of people with similar interests??  How often do you go out??  Is there any local bars/pubs that you like??

Having friends usually involves having something in common with that person (like a sport or hobby)...

Dont be afraid to get out there joining and mixing,

you would be surprised- there are a lot of folks in the same boat although we only tend to notice the people who seem to have their fulfilled lives.

perhaps best not to highlight your at a loose end though- that gives the people you meet the upper hand

takes a while to get to know new people-be prepared to give it a chance.

11 hours ago, Thomas100121 said:

I am a single guy, nearly 35.

Join some groups and clubs, volunteer, get involved in sports and fitness, take some classes and courses. 

Get a good profile and pics on quality dating apps and start talking to and meeting women.

• 1 year later...
  • Author

Thanks

i like football. Going to the theatre, listening to music, watching tv and films

how do I find clubs and societies please?

Try a site called MeetUp.  They have several different activities.   If you like the theater, see if you can volunteer as an usher in a small community theater.   Find a venue near you that has live music & become a regular.  

Volunteer somewhere doing something you care about:  taking care of animals, fighting disease; protesting a position; raising money for the arts, getting the candidate of your choice elected, etc. 

Consider getting involved in a neighborhood group.  

Look into community based organizations like the Elks, the Kwianis, the Moose, the Lions, the volunteer fire department etc.  They are more than just old men's drinking clubs.  They do a lot of good works.  

• Like 1