is the ow still here

smallclouds88

hey.

sorry if i'm not making much sense..i havent slept. I am going to give you a scenario and I need your honest words and advice because to be honest, strangers words mean more to me right now than my own husbands. Ok, here we go:

You catch your husband/wife/partner messaging another woman (texts alluding to a physical affair aswell an emotional one). After talking things through, you are given a second chance by your other half. what do you do with the ow number? Do you keep it and never use? Do you kee it so you dont hurt 'her'? Do you delete it? If you chose keep, why would you?

im sorry if this is a riddle I will go into more detail later but right now i feel like a bomb has gone off

ps sorry if you have already seen this unsure which catagory to put in

stateofaffairs

One does not keep a number if they don't intend to use it. But, even if your partner deletes the number, there are other ways to keep in contact.

Ex. I have a friend (truly just a friend) that my husband was intimidated by because of our willingness to share intimate details of our lives. I relied on this friend as a sounding board, support in my relationship issues. When my husband found out, he wanted me to cut contact because it was inappropriate (too long a story, and not the point). I did not want to lose a good friend, so we keep in contact through alternative means.  Very deceptive on my end, I realize. But, our marriage is on the rocks as is and alienating a good friend is just not in my wheelhouse right now. This person is in another state and no threat to my marriage. Point is. If they want to be in contact, they will.

Having said that, I am currently struggling in my own relationship and probably have no business giving advise. It is always easier to see from the outside looking in when you have no emotional investment.

picaso3183
On 5/1/2022 at 7:06 PM, smallclouds88 said:

hey.

sorry if i'm not making much sense..i havent slept. I am going to give you a scenario and I need your honest words and advice because to be honest, strangers words mean more to me right now than my own husbands. Ok, here we go:

You catch your husband/wife/partner messaging another woman (texts alluding to a physical affair aswell an emotional one). After talking things through, you are given a second chance by your other half. what do you do with the ow number? Do you keep it and never use? Do you kee it so you dont hurt 'her'? Do you delete it? If you chose keep, why would you?

im sorry if this is a riddle I will go into more detail later but right now i feel like a bomb has gone off

ps sorry if you have already seen this unsure which catagory to put in

Had same scenerio. Discovered affair. Said she would not contact him. New it was BS.

So i put her to the test. Set up fake social account from him. Sent a very subtle " hey hows things missing u" 

Lets just say the reply she sent confirmed they were continuing contact. AFTER she begged me to stay. So walked out and never looked back.

If you smell a rat, it probably is a rat