Changed everything?

My most devastating breakup came about because I held back. I thought I could deal with the prospect of her moving but I was wrong. I never really told or showed Ann how much she meant to me. I let 3 prime chances slip by. In hindsight, I wondered just much the situation would've changed if I had told the truth during these times:

The first time, her sister bluntly asked: Do you even like Ann? I almost let it out instead I just said yeah.

The second time was at right before the breakup. Ann asked: What do you think about of us? My moment to lay it all out and what did say: I thought we had broken up a week ago.

The third time was a month or so after the breakup. I called Anne and she said that she thought she would never hear from me again. Said she was still likely moving and thought that I hated her.

6 hours ago, Bantosm said:

Said she was still likely moving and thought that I hated her.

Sorry this happened. How long were you dating? 

What was the breakup about? 

It’s never too late. Ask her to meet with you and tell her but keep in mind that her moving away complicates things. It’s always better to end on a good note so if you feel that you haven’t done that then say your goodbye properly.

• Author
10 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Sorry this happened. How long were you dating? 

What was the breakup about? 

Month and a half. I'm surprised it lasted that long. I nearly broke up with her weeks earlier, but I heard she was sad and depressed when I didn't want go to a family gathering with her. 

During the breakup, she said it was due our scheduling being off and how she had to focus on school and work. That was just an excuse.

• Author
6 hours ago, glows said:

It’s never too late. Ask her to meet with you and tell her but keep in mind that her moving away complicates things. It’s always better to end on a good note so if you feel that you haven’t done that then say your goodbye properly.

It's a lost moment now. I just wanted to speculate as a matter of hindsight how telling her how I felt in those instances would  have changed the situation. 

She and I came very close to getting back together. I thought it was inevitable. However, nothing was resolved. 

3 minutes ago, Bantosm said:

It's a lost moment now. I just wanted to speculate as a matter of hindsight how telling her how I felt in those instances would  have changed the situation. 

She and I came very close to getting back together. I thought it was inevitable. However, nothing was resolved. 

Missing someone can have these kinds of effects. We experience regret and loss and wonder if our actions might have changed the outcome.

She was moving away so this would have been a long drawn out affair with two people not communicating well and distance to boot. Do you think you’d have enjoyed this? Where did you see this going?

12 hours ago, Bantosm said:

Month and a half. I'm surprised it lasted that long. 

Ok. Dating 45 Days is supposed to be fun and getting to know each other. 

In this case it was neither fun nor getting to know each other.

Just conflict right out of the gate. So just delete and block her since this didn't pan out.

• Author
5 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Ok. Dating 45 Days is supposed to be fun and getting to know each other. 

In this case it was neither fun nor getting to know each other.

Just conflict right out of the gate. So just delete and block her since this didn't pan out.

This happened years ago. I just wanted speculate how the situation may have changed if I told her how I felt during those instances. 

She and I were already friends months before the relationship. We always had a good time together. There was no conflict. It would have better if there was at least then maybe we had gotten some resolution. Instead we both mostly ignored the problem.