Anyone Familiar with Sportea?

poppyfields

Hey guys, my boyfriend drinks something called Sportea, he's been drinking it for a long time; he places the large tea bag in a huge jug, fills with room temperature water to allow the tea to infuse, then puts in freezer to get cold and drinks it iced. 

Since we've been spending more time together, he makes it at mine, and I've been so curious about it so I tried it for a few days and wow, what a natural energy boost!   

It contains no caffeine but lots of electrolytes and other good natural nutrients and flavor is great too, no added sugar needed.  

It's made a huge difference in my energy level, my sleep, my mood, my attitude, everything, it's like a miracle drug except it's not a drug, it's 100% natural. 

I hurt myself doing a difficult yoga pose a few weeks ago and since then have been experiencing episodes of vertigo and it's even cured that!

I haven't drank any coffee since drinking this either which no doubt adds to why I feel so great too.  

Anyway, no I'm not a sponsor for the product lol just wondering if anyone has tried it and if not I highly recommend.

It's made a world of difference in my health just the few days I've been drinking it.  💛

Edited by poppyfields
  • Like 1
introverted1
On 4/2/2022 at 4:36 PM, poppyfields said:

It contains no caffeine

It contains black tea, so unless they've decaffeinated it, there is caffeine.

• Author
poppyfields
6 hours ago, introverted1 said:

It contains black tea, so unless they've decaffeinated it, there is caffeine.

It states on the box "DeCaff equivalent 98%, caffeine-free naturally without processing."

introverted1
13 hours ago, poppyfields said:

It states on the box "DeCaff equivalent 98%, caffeine-free naturally without processing."

Maybe they have multiple products?  The one I saw listed black tea as the 1st ingredient.  The label says "Decaf equivalent (contains less than 2% naturally occurring caffeine)."

I guess the question is: 2% of what? 

Anyway, don't mean to nitpick your drink!  And there is nothing wrong with caffeine.

• Thanks 1
On 4/2/2022 at 1:36 PM, poppyfields said:

I hurt myself doing a difficult yoga pose a few weeks ago and since then have been experiencing episodes of vertigo and it's even cured that!

Which Yoga poses do you find most challenging?

I hurt myself when I first did Bakasana. Fell flat on my face. Splits weren't too hard but took about a year to build up to it.

Back bends are pretty fun but I've noticed that I also get cramps in my calf muscles. Not sure why. I've tried adding potassium and magnesium to my protein shakes and it helps a little but for some reason I always get really painful calf spasms.

Maybe this tea is the cure. 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Author
poppyfields
1 hour ago, introverted1 said:

Maybe they have multiple products?  The one I saw listed black tea as the 1st ingredient.  The label says "Decaf equivalent (contains less than 2% naturally occurring caffeine)."

I guess the question is: 2% of what? 

Anyway, don't mean to nitpick your drink!  And there is nothing wrong with caffeine.

Not sure if they have multiple products, the one I and my bf drink which we order from Amazon (and I'm reading straight from the box) states "decaff equivalent 98%, caffeine-free naturally without processing" which I interpret to mean 2% caffeine, which in the caffeine world might translate to caffeine free?

I really don't know but I'm trying to stay away from caffeine and Sportea doesn't affect me the way coffee and cola does. 

I've been drinking organic ginger tea also; I even make my own ginger air by freezing the tea ice cold first then adding sparkling water with Splenda.  So refreshing and better than any store bought bottled as it's made with lots of real ginger! 

@AlpacaliaI've been getting into extreme yoga and hurt myself attempting the tripod headstand with lotus leg pose. 😳

Edited by poppyfields

Yes. The tripod helps with anxiety, insomnia, and depression.

Though it's definitely a challenging pose, I can't see myself doing that myself due to the risk of neck injury.

That's really great though!

How long did it take you to build up to it?

• Author
poppyfields
3 hours ago, Alpacalia said:

How long did it take you to build up to it?

I've been doing yoga for years, more so the past few, but tbh I haven't built up to it!  I thought I was ready but wasn't and ended up falling on the left side of my head and neck.

I injured my inner ear which is causing me all sorts of problems including severe vertigo, which is getting better thank goodness!  

Doctor said should take around six weeks to resolve and gave me exercises.  I also bought a special pillow to sleep on that keeps my head elevated.

Ugh!  Sorry probably TMI but that's what's going on with me and be careful with some yoga poses, I wasn't ready and am now paying the price! 

Back on topic. :)

35 minutes ago, poppyfields said:

I've been doing yoga for years, more so the past few, but tbh I haven't built up to it!  I thought I was ready but wasn't and ended up falling on the left side of my head and neck.

I injured my inner ear which is causing me all sorts of problems including severe vertigo, which is getting better thank goodness!  

Doctor said should take around six weeks to resolve and gave me exercises.  I also bought a special pillow to sleep on that keeps my head elevated.

Ugh!  Sorry probably TMI but that's what's going on with me and be careful with some yoga poses, I wasn't ready and am now paying the price! 

Back on topic. :)

Back on topic.😄

Enjoy!

• Author
poppyfields
28 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

I will run as the rotten tomatoes come.🏃‍♂️🍅 I like Powerade🥤🤷‍♂️

Just did a quick research and a big factor for me Wiseman is Powerade has 120 calories per 8 ounce and Sportea has zero. 

Powerade also has sodium, Sportea has zero.  And sugar (high fructose), Sportea zero sugar. 

Powerade is a lot less expensive though, Sportea is quite pricy! 

And Sportea needs to brew (hot or cold) for at least four hours.  Powerade you drink right from the bottle. 

Anyway, I made some Sportea last night and let it brew (infuse) overnight in my fridge, I'm drinking it now!  💛

Edited by poppyfields