Heartbroken and hoping for a second chance

• Author
22 hours ago, basil67 said:

If you were my daughter's boyfriend, I would not give my blessing.   You've had plenty of opportunity and blown the lot.

Then going to her house will be a problem too as I am sure she won't see me.
So I guess the only option is to think of a way to reach her directly for the proposal for one last try..Tricky situation. As how to go for a proposal if i am not able to reach her?

Edited by Tom009
  • Author
15 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Her parents most likely know why she ended it and blocked you. Not sure why you believe a proposal after wasting 10 years of her time would matter.

Thanks, thats why I have stop all contact due to the block. And most likely will continue to move on.

16 hours ago, glows said:

I don’t agree with a proposal if she has blocked you. Both of you have had time to say what you needed to say and anything right now is a knee jerk reaction to pain and loss. Similarly visiting her parents for approval seems disrespectful just because your ex herself won’t see you. 

Take this time to heal and focus on you and what you need to do for yourself. You don’t know yet what life has in store for you or whom you might meet who inspires you to more happiness. This may be a blessing quite frankly and it’s freeing you to live your life. 

Yes I do believe that this could be a blessing in disguise. No matter what happens, I will move ahead for a better life, and its always great to listen opinions from you guys, thanks much for the opinion.

12 hours ago, Lotsgoingon said:

And no, going to talk to her parents is a terrible idea. She will think you're a stalker. And she'll be confirmed that you are not the right person to be with.

Your inability to think clearly about this relationship and your ideas about trying again and getting a "second chance" indicate that you really want to work on yourself.  You're missing some basic social awareness. You're also missing some basic self-awareness.

No shame intended. I've had to update my social awareness many times--sometimes painfully when I realized that my way of thinking was creating the opposite effects from a partner from what I intended. Many of us only update our social awareness after a breakup or a disastrous relationship.

If you can't figure out in a simple sentence why you didn't propose to her, then you need hit "pause" on dating and consider talking to a therapist. 

The next woman out there will interpret ten years and no marriage as a major red flag. And you had better have a good explanation, and right now you don't. It is very possible that she wasn't the right person for you, but you were blocked in reaching that conclusion. 

Yes, I do agree, am only throwing out ideas around to gauge this. And I have learnt a lot from this as well. Thanks for your input.

On another note, due to the break up, I reconnected with my first love to seek her advice on this, and before I know it, sparks start flying and she has indicated that perhaps we could start off a relationship again after such a long time if this doesn't work out with my ex. This was unexpected. Fate really has a weird way of working. I'll need to clear my mind and see what's best for me next. Thanks so much for all the input as always.

3 hours ago, Tom009 said:

, am only throwing out ideas around to gauge this. due to the break up, I reconnected with my first love to seek her advice on this.

Excellent, now you can leave this other woman alone.

You're all over the place.

I don't understand why she wouldn't take you seriously.

4 hours ago, Tom009 said:

Then going to her house will be a problem too as I am sure she won't see me.
So I guess the only option is to think of a way to reach her directly for the proposal for one last try..Tricky situation. As how to go for a proposal if i am not able to reach her?

If she won't see you, then your only choice is to move on.

Edit: Oh wait...you've already done so.   Sounds like your ex knew exactly the right thing to do.

Edited by basil67
  • Like 1
On 3/16/2022 at 9:19 PM, Alpaca said:

You're all over the place.

I don't understand why she wouldn't take you seriously.

Yeah , dropping back to this thread now l agree. l only suggested what l did bc you were supposedly a man that had lost the love of his life bc he didn't propose in 10yrs. But your swaying already, and coming out with all sorts of excuses so now l would say def just leave ex alone and sort yourself out.

Edited by chillii
  • Like 2