Crazy ideas for Valentines day if you're single

MarcoInaros

I'm chronically single of course, and Valentines day is coming up. Does anyone have any crazy ideas for what a single person should do on Valentines day? I was thinking maybe texting a few women who I got numbers from in the past so see what they are up to, or go to an Anit-Valentines event (if there are any). Or maybe try to find a friend and hit up some bars and see what happens. 

Thanks for any ideas.

There are lots of anti-Valentine's day events in my area, including a girl's night out for axe throwing (I like that one - there is also a couples axe throwing event.) There's a "Love never dies" haunted ghost tour, singles dance parties, lots of things to do. Check your local events calendar and see what's out there.

2 hours ago, MarcoInaros said:

Does anyone have any crazy ideas for what a single person should do on Valentines day?

Invite some friends over for beer and sports. Bars and restaurants will be full of lovers and decorations . Avoid. Also do not randomly hit up women.

• Author
33 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Invite some friends over for beer and sports. Bars and restaurants will be full of lovers and decorations . Avoid. Also do not randomly hit up women.

Why.

I have talked my way into several exe's bedrooms on Valentine's Day. While I haven't tried this myself, some of my male friends mentioned picking up lonely women at various venues on Valentine's Day. It's supposedly not as good as going out on Halloween or New Year's Eve, but it's better than normal days. I don't know if that applies this year though since Valentine's Day falls on a Monday.

2 years ago, I went to a local brewery by myself on Valentines day... but it was so crowded... I just went home. But after sitting at home for a while, I looked at the numbers I had, and chose the one that I was least likely to get together with.  (she wasn't clingy, and was anti Valentine's day)  She said she would like to go out, and we sat at that brewery for 4 hours talking, and having a good time. Well.... she now is my current GF.  

he real issue is.... asking a girl out on Valentine's day will have some implied overtones. So, if you do ask someone out... it has to be an anti Valentine's day kind of girl... and ask her out based on that. 

The only issue is... most places will be packed/booked, so you have to think about something to do that doesn't have to do that won't be crowded. (Like trying to go to a restaurant) 

Edited by Blind-Sided

Wake up, have a shower if you like, grab a book, turn on your iPod, and light some candles... 

Make a cup of coffee. Lie in the coziest corner of your house and read your book for a while; you'll be drowsy after a few minutes...

Sleep, wake up, eat some meat and chocolate, share your unique opinions on social media, and then sleep some more.

I promise you will fall in love with yourself more and you will say thanks to me.

Edited by Alpaca
  • Author
17 minutes ago, Alpaca said:

Wake up, have a shower if you like, grab a book, turn on your iPod, and light some candles... 

Make a cup of coffee. Lie in the coziest corner of your house and read your book for a while; you'll be drowsy after a few minutes...

Sleep, wake up, eat some meat and chocolate, share your unique opinions on social media, and then sleep some more.

I promise you will fall in love with yourself more and you will say thanks to me.

Sorry that's not an option for me. I need to get out. I feel a sense of urgency in my life that won't be solved by staying at home hibernating.

17 minutes ago, MarcoInaros said:

Sorry that's not an option for me. I need to get out. I feel a sense of urgency in my life that won't be solved by staying at home hibernating.

Then go to a bar and see what happens.

Good-luck!

• Like 2

You may want to check out events in your area. Apparently there are quite a few venues around here hosting events catered specifically to singles.