Overeacting?

John farraway

Thanks Glow, 

Reading that makes sense,  it also makes me anxious as it is very much at the back of my mind she may leave. The anger is a big thing, she had said on a previous counselling session said she didn't need to forgive me, she now realises she does and we are going to work on forgiveness the next session.

Financially we are both independent, we could afford to leave. She has primarily stayed not to break up the family unit,  with the veiw to us reconciling. Again without going into it,  I have changed due to various reasons, all very genuine and have been validated by a professional therapist. She has seen change and has acknolwedged it but it is time that will be real proof for her?

I think it is worrying she still seen him as an option rather than phone me, although she did say it was a big mistake. I'm going to bring it up on our next session and have been open with my wife that I will so as to not ambush her.

Thanks Glow.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Anthonys said:

Thanks Glow, 

Reading that makes sense,  it also makes me anxious as it is very much at the back of my mind she may leave. The anger is a big thing, she had said on a previous counselling session said she didn't need to forgive me, she now realises she does and we are going to work on forgiveness the next session.

Financially we are both independent, we could afford to leave. She has primarily stayed not to break up the family unit,  with the veiw to us reconciling. Again without going into it,  I have changed due to various reasons, all very genuine and have been validated by a professional therapist. She has seen change and has acknolwedged it but it is time that will be real proof for her?

I think it is worrying she still seen him as an option rather than phone me, although she did say it was a big mistake. I'm going to bring it up on our next session and have been open with my wife that I will so as to not ambush her.

Thanks Glow.

That’s very considerate. I wish the best for the both of you. It’s going to take some time. Something you might want to bring up in individual counselling is how to deal with that anxiety and giving time to a situation that isn’t ideal and stressful. Ask for feedback on how to cope with that. 

Forgiveness can sound incredibly trite and hollow to a person who is still dealing with anger. If your wife has agreed that she needs to forgive you it’s a positive step forwards.

• Like 1