Would you stay in this kind of relationship?

Catherine11

I was wondering, would you stay in a relationship where the other person pushes you, verbally, but very persistently, to take a medication of their choice which might work but you are not convinced as you never tried it before and you worry about allergies, etc. This person is not allowing for a different conversation, while you know that you will try a different medicine which worked for you in the past when you were feeling unwell. However, the other person wants you take the medication in front of you and pushes you, only verbally, but still. What is your crossing line and was it your crossing line to leave..

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
clarify title

You need to discuss any meds with your doctor so he or she can advise you on them. None of us, rather than your doctor, can make decisions regarding any meds that you may or may not need to take.

Would I stay with a person who tries to push very hard to take some meds that were not prescribed to me by a reputed physician and not worry about what harm they may do to me?  Absolutely not. I would run like my hair is on fire from that person. I would be gone like yesterday. Please don't stay with a person who bamboozles you into taking God knows what and has no concern about your well being. Please, whatever else you do, don't take any meds before discussing them with you doctor. This is very serious and can have a very dangerous consequences for you.

On 1/17/2022 at 1:19 PM, Catherine11 said:

I was wondering, would you stay in a relationship where the other person pushes you, verbally, but very persistently, to take a medication of their choice which might work but you are not convinced as you never tried it before and you worry about allergies, etc. 

See your physician for a complete evaluation of your physical and mental health. Ask your physician what  medications are appropriates for you.

Whoever this is, is not your pharmacist or physician so ignore their unwanted advice. Don't even debate it.

If I knew of a different medication, prescribed by my doctor (or over the counter) that worked for me in the past, I would disregard what my SO was pushing me to try. Whether I would leave him over it would depend upon the circumstances. It would probably take more than one incident to make me leave. Is he always pushy? Is he controlling?