What's his deal? He mentioned financial troubles then dropped off the radar.

3 hours ago, bloop said:

I'm not ultra wealthy, I'm well-off

I guess it's getting older that truly bothers me.  so these days I'm willing to compromise more *shrug*

and I'm a woman, I promise.

That is something that, to be fair, many people find bothersome.

Will having sex with a younger man with a large phallic symbol whom you've never met make you feel better though?

• Author

yes. albeit temporarily.  i'm a man on the inside in this regard, i can truly compartmentalize emotions & sex.

but let's not get ahead of ourselves.  obviously, i'm going to see how he continues to conduct himself, if he continues to be flaky, i may not even go.

Edited by bloop
3 hours ago, bloop said:

I'm well-off. I guess it's getting older that truly bothers me. 

Unfortunately, these characteristics make you the perfect target for scammers, catfish and other assorted weirdos.

Why not restrict dating to people you can meet in person in a timely fashion?

• Like 1
  • Author

because restriction is so restrictive.

i date a lot locally as well, but i'm picky.  and like i said chemistry / emotional connection trumps all.

2 minutes ago, bloop said:

chemistry / emotional connection trumps all.

But if it's contrived to scam you, what's the point?

• Like 1
20 hours ago, bloop said:

offering to help does not equate to sending him $$, I'm not stupid ;) I was going to use it as a bargaining chip to get what I want, 

Umm, what?  You were going to use the offer of money as a "bargaining chip" to get what you want?  If you need to offer a man money in order to get what you want from him, he is just not that into you.  This whole thing is coming off as a little desperate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1