Loneliness

There's a lot of twisting around and excuses through this thread but really it's a very very basic thing the op is probably saying . Sure you can get lonely marriages and relationships, but if it's a good one nothing else matches the things two people have and live. Not friends, hobbies,careers, busy,money, nothing.

lf you can't relate to that then you've never had it for real.

Edited by chillii

Strong feelings of loneliness, in my experience, often tend to come from within. Of course, certain life events can play a role in it all.

I’ve certainly experienced it and I consider having a pretty well-rounded life. Of course, it could always be fuller (maybe one day it will be :bunny: )

Maybe when you're surrounded by other people but experience loneliness, the part of you that connects with them isn't the true you? Are you hiding parts about yourself from your friends/family/others?

Like maybe you feel like you don't "fit in?"

That is not to say that external factors do not contribute to loneliness, and there are certainly some circumstances that aggravate lonely feelings in general.

With the internet though, I can see how it might also make people feel more disconnected but I also know that a lot of people feel connected through it. I think it’s really the social media aspect though because you might be seeing friends doing all these wonderful things and if you’re not it just amplifies feeling disconnected.

But I've also heard that those that spend a lot of time on social media are sometimes said to feel lonely too.

If you're hesitant, for example, to reach out to people because you want to address your issues on your own, it might be worth exploring why you do that.

If there's one commonality that we can all relate to is that we've all experienced feeling lonely from time to time. 

Edited by Alpaca