She's so beautiful. I'm mesmerized.

luiscasabuena

luiscasabuena

My mum and her mum are best buds at a dance group. They’re like super friends.

Then, one day, her mum told my mum that she’s single. My mum saw her and, immediately, she knew she’d be my type.

So I went to their dance party and got to talk to her for a long time.

I have built enough confidence with myself over the last few years for dating beauty queens. Like them, she also joined a beauty pageant.

She’s really beautiful. We talked for a long time. Her mum said that I’m cute. Both our mums find both of us good-looking and somehow can’t stop talking. Their other friends joked that our mums should date each other.

We haven’t dated yet but her mum suggests that all four of us have a friendly date some day. My mum had apprehension about this but to me, this is plausible so I told my mum that we do it.

I already got her number. The problem is, she’s leaving for Dubai next month for work.

But here’s the catch, she went to pre-law before joining a culinary school. It seems that she’s also interested in taking up law and settle down here.

I’m just not sure if she will stay here. But I hope to get few dates with her before she leaves…

Out with the mama's eh , ahhhh, l'd pass. Why do you need them holding your hand anyway they've given you enough hints just ask her out.

• Like 2
On 11/18/2021 at 11:02 AM, luiscasabuena said:

, she’s leaving for Dubai next month for work.

Ok then there's no point. Why did your and her mothers try to fix you up? Is arranged dating customary in your culture?

It's ok to be mesmerized. You are admiring her looks. The situation.. not so much. Should you end up going on a few dates with her before she leaves enjoy the company. Wish her well. 

• Author
luiscasabuena
6 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Ok then there's no point. Why did your and her mothers try to fix you up? Is arranged dating customary in your culture?

It used to be, but not anymore. I just felt comfortable about the idea of all four of us going out on a friendly date somehow like a bridge or something...

• Author
luiscasabuena
10 hours ago, chillii said:

Out with the mama's eh , ahhhh, l'd pass. Why do you need them holding your hand anyway they've given you enough hints just ask her out.

Good idea. How do I ask her out? How do I convince her? 

44 minutes ago, luiscasabuena said:

You shouldn’t have to ‘convince’ anyone to go out with you. Just ask her, but again what’s the point as she’ll be thousands of miles away. You’re just setting yourself up for heartbreak. 

• Like 3
On 11/21/2021 at 2:49 AM, luiscasabuena said:

Well hopefully you wouldn't have to and no you shouldn't anyway. You don't think she knows mama's trying to set you up , she must like you. Anyway , your a lawyer , send her a summons or something, summon her to dinner ,how's that.

Edited by chillii
  • Like 1
  • Author
luiscasabuena

Women are making it hard for me to choose.

And it's like, I have one from three different provinces already. How the hell it happened? I don't know. It isn't my fault. [] Just as when you thought one has given up on you, suddenly she'll contact you once she sees photos of you and another woman.

😐

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Group berating
  • Author
luiscasabuena

This was the lawyer I was talking about in another thread, the one I suddenly became interested at in one look.

We just had a date yesterday, and it lasted for 7 1/2 hours! The first two hours was a lunch date where we just laughed and laughed and laughed! Apparently, people around us were annoyed. 

Things I learned about her:

1. We didn't have deep conversations for the past few months because she wanted to keep our convos light. She just passed the bar exams and wanted to be light-headed for now.

2. She actually graduated valedictorian in HS in a school with a total of 20+ sections! Wow, I was amazed.

3. She was magna cum laude in college too. O_O

We get along really well. And from that period of 7 1/2 hours, I didn't see anything wrong with her, and for the first time ever since I started dating that I felt that she could be the one. It's just amazing how we ever got to know each other. It started with one look!

However: the engineer whom I dated a couple of months back contacted me hours ago. She's stunning. Very beautiful. That she resurfaced after a couple of months is making me hard to choose. In fact, I told her I will visit her in about two months. @_@

• Author
luiscasabuena

And we're just going to be friends.

Her mum is very nice and accommodating. She didn't even hesitate. I just don't know about this very lady if she will indeed see me.

I don't want to be heartbroken for this girl. I just needed to see her one last time.

• Author
luiscasabuena

Isn't it kind of strange that you're sometimes drawn to women you would never ever date yet you just can't take your eyes off of them for some equally strange reasons?

Ahhhh, no doubt about it. If it doesn't rain women it suddenly pours them. l can understand the unable to take your eyes off her regardless . Whatcha gonna do with all these women big fella. The 71/2 hr sounds like it could really go somewhere.

Keep us posted anyway.

ps , the doctor will be back next haha.

Edited by chillii
  • Like 1

Sounds to me that you are not realizing that YOU make the decisions. You decide and act and go from there. No action has a guaranteed response.

You are definitely overcomplicating and confusing things. You're way way in your head.

Besides the 7 1/2 hours of the date, I don't hear much that says this was really an emotional match. You cite her resume accomplishments, but resume accomplishments don't mean someone is a good fit for you. 

I think you need to shore up your core--as in you and your own value and your own thoughts and feelings. And from there you decide what to do next. You don't rely on mother's advice or anyone else's. Sure, it's OK to meet someone based on mom's recommendation. That's fine. You decide yes or no and then move on.

It's confusing that you say this woman after one date could be the one. It's not clear to me that you guys felt some attraction or that you felt attraction. You report on her more like an employer would report on a job candidate after an interview. And it's not clear to me that she felt attraction to you. Sometimes dates just go long because each person has nothing better to do and because the two people are pleasant company for each other. I've been on super long dates that, looking back, it was clear that the date extended because there was no strong connection beyond the platonic. We both liked each other and both of us were hoping that something would happen in the next moment ... or the next and so we extended the date. 

Forget resume: say something about the connection you two had. Forget her GPA and all of that, what did you like about her in the person? Did you like her voice? Her humor? Her insight? Did you guys touch each other at all. If you can't touch each other (hands around the shoulder and so on) during a 7 and a half hour date, I'm not sure there's any chemistry between you two. And focus on how much you like her before you get to the logistics of it all. 

Edited by Lotsgoingon

How do you not see much about the 71/2 hr , they laughed and talked all through it, he even felt she could be the one, it all started from just one look . Yeah he talked about her achievements too , but that other stuff is pretty nice stuff in anyone's language so maybe not to you but it must be pretty clear to him that he felt something.

As far as feeling it in one date you bet you can, l knew with my woman second l laid eyes on her. Not that l'm saying op would for real , he bounces around a lot as we see, but just saying , he did for a moment there.

Edited by chillii
  • Like 1