What do you think of people with no social media?

Happy Lemming

I have no social media presence.  Never needed it and am happy without it.

I prefer to lead a private life.  I have nothing to advertise (on the internet) and have no need to brag about things happening in my life.

I have a few friends.  When we want to catch up, I invite them over for dinner and share a meal.

• Like 4

It depends.  There's many reasons why people may not have social media. 

My mom is a boomer and not very tech-savvy.  She only has Facebook because I created an account for her three years ago.

It's very rare to find a Gen Y or Z not have at least one social media account.

If I encounter someone not on SM, I would not assume any particular reason, nor would I think of them any differently unless I knew why.

I've had a LinkedIn account for many years now for work purposes.  I only very recently am on Facebook, and only because I got tired of getting information late or not at all about things going on in my local music community that affects how I spend a great deal of my free time.  

I limit my Facebook friends to only people I have had previous meaningful interaction with and the limited posts I make are almost entirely about music events, my only reason for being on Facebook in the first place.  I am extremely annoyed with the amount of posts by others about politics, religion, pictures of food, pictures of pets, etc., and I really hate the "shared memories" feature.  I seriously don't need to see pictures of your food from three years ago.  

So I can very much understand and respect the choice to avoid social media.  It's just a tool for me, but appears to be a driving force of life for many.  I don't get it.  

10 hours ago, hollandjames said:

What do you think of people with no social media?

Is this the woman you're trying to find on social media?: