'Who's Online' See full list

SincereOnlineGuy

Why have such a ruse at all ?

Supposedly there are "433" users presently on Loveshack, but most of them are merely "guests", and nearly all of those "guests" happen to be presently viewing threads that are 2 to 12 years old.

Who is fooled by this?

Click on "Forums" at the top

Then look to the right under   "popular now"

(below "popular now" is)  "Who's Online (see full list)"

Click on the full list, and back some random number of pages... then click the threads those "guests" (, usually) are supposedly reading right now.

What are the true chances that anyone is really there?  And what are the probabilities that they are presently enthralled by threads begun in 2010 or 2011, particularly when you can't even reply to a thread that is more than a month old?

I've spent considerable amounts of time, especially when I was new to LS, reading old, closed threads about topics I had an interest in.  I don't need (or want) to comment on everything I read, but it's interesting to get views from others.  I don't know what the "probabilities" are, but I wouldn't discount the numbers out of hand.    

• Like 1

My profile is set to private, so you shouldn't see my activity, unless I'm online, and you're visiting my profile at the time. Nobody absolutely needs to know when I'm here. 

I'm also a member of a board that's been around for over twenty years (another one), I've been there on-and-off since 2002, and you'd be surprised by the number of lurkers there, even as the number of posters has drastically fallen in recent years. A much smaller board, has had around 300 lurkers, and there are maybe ten at most, who are active posters.

Edited by Angelle
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Angelle said:

I'm also a member of a board that's been around for over twenty years (another one), I've been there on-and-off since 2002, and you'd be surprised by the number of lurkers there, even as the number of posters has drastically fallen in recent years. A much smaller board, has had around 300 lurkers, and there are maybe ten at most, who are active posters.

This also sums up my experience on previous boards.  Loads of lurkers and very few active posters

• Like 2