Did I do the right thing?

I was in an online LDR with a girl for 2 months
we both liked each other , fell in love
we had a few arguments tbh regarding her lifestyle..
one day she sent me a message tellin me that she is not good anymore with the relationship and she sees no future even though she loves me and she suggested a friendship

I still had her whatsapp , we barely talk , just commenting each other stories sometimes
here is the thing

I'm gonna travel to her country in 3 weeks for tourism and I thaught let me use the opportunity and meet her for the first time ( very friendly)
I sent her a first message she answered.
when I brought up that I'm coming there she saw it and didn't reply back.

she were never used to ignore my messages..
It's been more than 24hours after that without anything back and I decided to block her out of my list coz I felt I was ignored and she could be courageous to say NO to me..

Was it the right thing?

Yes, you did the right thing. 

There is no point in meeting this woman if she has already told you that she is not interested in dating. 

Enjoy your trip.

4 hours ago, AR95 said:

It's been more than 24hours after that without anything back and I decided to block her out of my list coz I felt I was ignored and she could be courageous to say NO to me..

Was it the right thing?

Yes, because her silence is your answer that she doesn't want to meet you. 

It's time to let her go altogether. It sounds as though she is either not who she says she is, or she's dating someone else. There's just no reason to keep in contact with this person anymore. 

Blocking her seems hasty after only 24 hours. It suggests that you are desperate for some answer from her and also that her answer means a lot to you when it shouldn't. Unfortunately she doesn't want a relationship with you so if you still have feelings for her, meeting with her isn't a good idea. 

I hope you enjoy your trip though. Be open and willing to meet people in your travels and travel safe. 

9 hours ago, AR95 said:

I'm gonna travel to her country in 3 weeks for tourism . I brought up that I'm coming there she saw it and didn't reply back.

I decided to block her .

Who contacted whom and on what platform? A dating app? Why the distance?

Good you blocked her. Not because she was ignoring you but because it was a cyberfantasy, not a relationship.

This could be a catfish, scammer, etc.

If you travel there, do so for your own reasons. You're not in a relationship with someone you never met so you don't owe each other anything.

Distance situations are fraught with problems. She may not be who she says she is, she may be in another relationship.

• Author
3 hours ago, glows said:

Blocking her seems hasty after only 24 hours. It suggests that you are desperate for some answer from her and also that her answer means a lot to you when it shouldn't. Unfortunately she doesn't want a relationship with you so if you still have feelings for her, meeting with her isn't a good idea. 

I hope you enjoy your trip though. Be open and willing to meet people in your travels and travel safe. 

It's true I had feelings for her but my purpose wasn't to get her back.. I'm not gonna waste my money and time to make drama.. it's a story that I've burried

But her the one who suggested a friendship  she could have said something because I don't think friends act like that? and why thell she kept me on her list? I don't know..

if I was on her shoes I'd give any excuse '"work ,commitment,family.." but ignoring? That's disrespectful!

Thank you!

Edited by AR95

I guess she was not too pleased with the "few arguments concerning her lifestyle..."
She didn't really mean, " we can be friends", she was just being polite.
I guess the last thing she wanted was for you to show up where she lives.
Rejected ex bfs are a scary prospect for women. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, AR95 said:

if I was on her shoes I'd give any excuse '"work ,commitment,family.." but ignoring?

Catfish and married people simply disappear. 

• Author
3 hours ago, elaine567 said:

I guess she was not too pleased with the "few arguments concerning her lifestyle..."
She didn't really mean, " we can be friends", she was just being polite.
I guess the last thing she wanted was for you to show up where she lives.
Rejected ex bfs are a scary prospect for women. 

That totally makes sense.

I was wondering why she kept me on her list then? just to text me whenever she is into the mood? that's disgusting!
I wish she had the guts to say it in front of me rather than ignoring and keeping these childish behaviours.
She knows very well how good I was to her and she gonna regret that :)

1 hour ago, AR95 said:

She knows very well how good I was to her and she gonna regret that :)

The thing is, though, that an online romance just doesn't compare to real-life opportunities. Your ability to be good to her was inherently limited by the fact that you never spent time together in person. So while she might have some fond memories of you, it doesn't mean she will regret ending a cyber-fling - especially when she starts dating soemone else locally. 

And honestly, if you had only been talking for 2 months and there were already arguments about her lifestyle, it was getting off to a bad start anyway. There were big incompatibilities and you hadn't even met. It is likely better for both of you that she chose to cut this off. 

• Like 1
On 10/30/2021 at 1:01 AM, ExpatInItaly said:

Yes, because her silence is your answer that she doesn't want to meet you. 

It's time to let her go altogether. It sounds as though she is either not who she says she is, or she's dating someone else. There's just no reason to keep in contact with this person anymore. 

or she is nervous and had an anxiety attack?

So many people are so anxious about meeting someone they developed a feeling toward them online either friendship or love.. it's a hard move to meet them in person!

• Author
6 minutes ago, Noproblem said:

or she is nervous and had an anxiety attack?

So many people are so anxious about meeting someone they developed a feeling toward them online either friendship or love.. it's a hard move to meet them in person!

Nah, I realized that she also deleted my number back 

She hadn't the guts to say it upfront :))