Missing thread or post

Hey moderation,

There was a thread called "what do women want" on which I was participating. I don't see it any longer. The conversation seemed pretty low key and it didn't seem like a candidate for removal by moderation. So I wanted to ask in case there was some sort of bug that caused it to fall off the radar. Perhaps it was merged?  Just curious. 

Also - is this the best way to report possible bugs like this?

Thanks!

Mrin

Edited by Mrin
more info
  • Like 1
  • Author
17 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Perhaps if someone is trolling/spamming/advertising it gets deleted like the one from @Philip  ?

Possibly. I dunno. It was a pretty banal thread. Maybe it went downhill after I posted.

I was more worried about a bug. Sort of like that thing that was happening when threads are getting moved to the sex forum unintentionally. 

Actually question for you @Wiseman2 - any idea if any notification occurs when a thread is merged into an older thread? I've seen it happen but it's typically on the surviving thread. Wasn't sure if you've ever seen it happen on the opposite end. 

Happy Lemming
47 minutes ago, Mrin said:

any idea if any notification occurs when a thread is merged into an older thread?

If you go to "Content I posted in" the merged surviving thread is in your list. (even if you didn't post in the original thread)  If you posted in the second thread and the two threads are merged, it will still come up in your "Content I posted in" as the first or original surviving thread.

Edited by Happy Lemming
clarification
  • Thanks 2

Hi @Mrin While I can't comment on this thread in particular, posts which 'disappear' are generally related to something about the OP.  As Wiseman2 suggested, trolling/spamming/advertising are frequent causes.  There can also be less obvious causes such as a banned member returning under a different name.     

About the only other incidence I could think of would be when the opening post is very much in breach of TOS and can't be saved with editing.  

I hope this helps

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Mrin said:

Hey moderation,

There was a thread called "what do women want" on which I was participating. I don't see it any longer. The conversation seemed pretty low key and it didn't seem like a candidate for removal by moderation. So I wanted to ask in case there was some sort of bug that caused it to fall off the radar. Perhaps it was merged?  Just curious. 

Also - is this the best way to report possible bugs like this?

Thanks!

Mrin

Mrin,

I took a look at this. The thread in question was started by a spammer and was deleted.

edited to add: the best way to report a potential bug would be through the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of the page  

Edited by 6ix
  • Author
4 hours ago, 6ix said:

Mrin,

I took a look at this. The thread in question was started by a spammer and was deleted.

edited to add: the best way to report a potential bug would be through the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of the page  

Thanks! I appreciate it! Will do!