Can a woman tell when a guy is no longer interested when she gets all dolled up?

I've been thinking there were times when I would get all dolled up for a guy that I was seeing for a few months, I noticed the guy would never "look" at me the way a man looks at a woman when he is blown away-or those gooey eyes like you see in the movies. I would expect a "wow, you look beautiful" but nothing. I mean why the heck would I even put effort in the way I dress/look then? I'm wearing similar outfits those instagram girls wear that have 50000 followers and 1000+ likes. Seriously? What is my problem? 

Apart from the lack of sticky, dewy eye contact, what else could it be?

Do you feel the desire to gaze intently into his eyes too?

Nevertheless, having someone stare back at you can accomplish a lot of other things, such as change it from a "maybe" to a "oh yes."

• Like 1

The problem could be expecting compliments from a man who may not be very verbal.   My husband isn't one for compliments and flowers - instead, he shows his love for me through quality time.   As for why to bother dressing up, I do it for myself.  It makes me feel nice if I'm going out.   

Also those IG models look fake.  Does the average guy really follow and excited about them?  I doubt it.   Don't compare yourself to the botoxed women who's rear end is stupidly big and who's face is just wrong.  Enjoy being 'real'. 

8 hours ago, Katkats7777 said:

I'm wearing similar outfits those instagram girls wear that have 50000 followers and 1000+ likes. 

"Dolled up" is subjective. Especially if you mean the way thirst traps on social media dress.

• Like 2

there are a few things here....

1) How long have you been together?  If you have been together for a long time... that kind of stuff dies off because... "He has seen it".  

2) You say to get "Dolled up"... but is this your normal look?  If you are a Biz woman... and wear nice clothes, and makeup daily... then in his eyes... it may be your "Normal" look. 

3) You mention Instagram and the girls with a lot of followers.  This one will get a little off color I guess.... but guys like to look at pretty girls that are almost naked... but they don't want to see their SO dressed that way in public. You may be going the wrong direction with it, and in his mind... you are starting to become "Easy"  (just a thought since there wasn't any real detail)

4) As above... was he ever this way?  He may not be good with communicating his feelings. 

5) Since this is a thread about you fishing for complements... are you going overboard with your expectations?  I've known several girls who where not happy until people were pining over them... and to be 100% honest... it gets tiering being around those kinds of girls. (ok, I guess guys can be this way, but I'm not dating guys) 

Here's the deal... my GF works an industrial job.  She is pretty... but she will be dirty after work, and  will generally just put on shorts/jeans and a t-shirt.  BUT... when we go out... she will put on a dress, and makeup.  TO me, she looks great... and I tell her that.    BUT... on the other side of the coin... I have a female friend who has an office job.  I see her in dresses and make up all the time. So I don't generally complement her, if we go and grab lunch.  

ANyway... a little more info would be helpful... but look inside yourself, and ask yourself, if you are doing it for you, and to make you feel good... or to just get compliments because you need that. 

*****EDIT****

You make the vague comment about seeing a guy for a few months.  If this is dating.... sure, he should say you look nice when you meet.  BUT, if it's what he has seeing you in 3 or 4 times... then that has become your "Normal". 

Edited by Blind-Sided

I would get complaints with whomever I’m with in the beginning and then the compliments would die down.

and Ive been with men who, if you’re pretty they won’t tell you because they don’t want your head to get big. 

Ive been with immature guys tho. 

just dress and doll up for yourself, no need for validation from anyone. Especially when it comes to looks, looks won’t keep em. 

Edited by Hurtx10
On 10/20/2021 at 11:42 PM, Katkats7777 said:

I've been thinking there were times when I would get all dolled up for a guy that I was seeing for a few months, I noticed the guy would never "look" at me the way a man looks at a woman when he is blown away-or those gooey eyes like you see in the movies. I would expect a "wow, you look beautiful" but nothing. I mean why the heck would I even put effort in the way I dress/look then? I'm wearing similar outfits those instagram girls wear that have 50000 followers and 1000+ likes. Seriously? What is my problem? 

Dressing like an IG girl, may not be seen as appropriate in real life.
Many men are not blown away by the "dolled up" look.
He may be more of a no make up,, jeans and a plain t-shirt kind of a guy.

• Like 2

I don't think Instagram girls/women are a reference or a model, but credit to you for making an effort to look good for  your date. I think it shows respect for your date and it is important, as important as looking good for your own sake (as mentioned by Basil67).

If it's not appreciated, then maybe the IG dolled up girl might not be their standard of beauty? 

I also would like and expect my partner/date to notice me and to give me compliments. In this sense, I suppose I need a verbal person for a partner.

Edited by siskin2
  • Author
13 hours ago, siskin2 said:

I don't think Instagram girls/women are a reference or a model, but credit to you for making an effort to look good for  your date. I think it shows respect for your date and it is important, as important as looking good for your own sake (as mentioned by Basil67).

If it's not appreciated, then maybe the IG dolled up girl might not be their standard of beauty? 

I also would like and expect my partner/date to notice me and to give me compliments. In this sense, I suppose I need a verbal person for a partner.

Yeah, I guess its moreso "first impressions" gotta look good then after that it dies down and wearing a sweatshirt is more attractive.