How to cope with lonliness

Lewis321

Recently got dumped and I made the mistake of revolving my world around her. 

Now I'm depressed and lonely and trying my best to get out there and meet new people. 

I'm finding it difficult as I have no close friends I can meet up with, my daughter is that age where she wants to be in her room all the time and my family live far away. 

I have tried some yoga and fitness classes but am having no luck. 

I work as a personal assistant so I work on my own so that isn't a opportunity to really meet new people. 

I care for my daughter after school and on weekends so can't get out and meet people that way. 

Anybody got any suggestions. 

Ideally I would like a partner one day but for now am just looking for new people to meet. 

Happy Lemming

Have you looked into "Parents without Partners"??  Is there a chapter in your area??

They have a .org website.  I'd start there.  I think you will definitely make some friends (maybe more) in the same situation as you.

I don't know a whole lot about the organization, but a friend of mine (who was divorced with kids) spoke highly of it.

Best of luck...

• 4 weeks later...
weepingwillow

I have recently asked my Mom to go shopping with me. It seems to make a big difference because I was in the best mood for days. 

I tried to go walking and yoga. I did that for a while, then one winter, I did not want to do that because I thought I couldn't drive in the snow. And it became a habit to stay way inside all the time. 

And, since I like the computer, I started being more and more into it. I want to really get to using some websites. To get someone to talk to me ever in life has been an issue. So, I think that the computer is a grand tool to be social.