Go to resort with GF but not BF and BF pays

Mi Novio está atrapado en el trabajo en su país natal y solo hemos estado juntos una vez durante esta pandemia. Tengo ganas de escaparme para un descanso mental. La soledad y la aburrida rutina del día a día me está llegando. Sin el gimnasio Id se está volviendo loco.  Estuve yendo al gimnasio 5 días a la semana 3 horas cada uno.  Mi GF en el gimnasio se escapa a un resort por unos días y me invitó a unirme a ella. Nos hemos convertido en buenos amigos. Me siento culpable de pedirle a mi BF que pague todo mi viaje de escapada como negocios, ya que ha sido lento aquí. Ya paga mucho. No ha dicho que no. ¿Soy razonable para pedirle que pague por ello?

My BF is caught up in work in his native country and we have only been together once during this pandemic. I am itching to get away for a mental break. The loneliness and boring day to day routine is getting to me. Without the gym Id be going nuts.  I been going to the gym 5 days a week 3 hours each. My GF at the gym is getting away to a resort for a few days and invited me to join her. We have become good friends. I feel guilty asking my BF to pay for my entire getaway trip as business as been slow here. He pays for much already. He has not said no. I am reasonable for asking him to pay for it?

• Like 1

It's probably a cultural thing - where I come from it wouldn't be uncommon for the guy to pay for her trip, and I imagine it is the case in your culture too - but I wouldn't recommend asking him to do so. Doesn't feel right to me.

• Author

Ya le pedí ayuda 😊😇🙃😉. Dijo Él también quiere ir. Me preguntó cuál es mi parte del viaje.  nada más hasta ahora

I asked for his help already. He said. He wants to go too. He asked me what is my share of the trip?. Nothing more yet 

1 hour ago, CarmenDane said:

My GF at the gym is getting away to a resort for a few days and invited me to join her. We have become good friends. I feel guilty asking my BF to pay for my entire getaway trip as business as been slow here. He pays for much already. He has not said no. I am reasonable for asking him to pay for it?

What reason will he foot the bill for a trip you're taking with a friend?

But, I am confused.

Weren't you posting as the boyfriend on a separate thread?

• Like 3

I would not feel comfortable asking my BF to pay for something like that.  If you don't have the money yourself, maybe you should not go.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

At least if he is being invited along also it sounds better.  Ah yes sounds like you deserve a holiday.

trying to understand your spanish by the way (learning it)

I still have a long way to go although I recognised  some of the words which is something

no hay dano en preguntar.  

• Like 1

From what I understand, your female friend has asked you to go on a getaway.  You can't afford it, but your boyfriend can....but he wants to go too.

First things first, your boyfriend wasn't invited by the friend and it's rude of him to invite himself.  Second, I would never dream of asking a boyfriend to pay - so no, this is not a reasonable request from you.    

• Like 2

Why don’t you have money to pay your trip and you have time to be at the gym 3 hours per day? Can you work and pay for your own things? 

Edited by Lola
  • Like 1
  • Author

Covid ha reducido mi flujo comercial normal en más del 50%. Puedo pagar el alquiler, la comida y las necesidades básicas. El gimnasio lo paga mi novio. El gimnasio me hace feliz y me mantiene alejado de la depresión mientras mi novio no está. Mi novia puede pagar su propio viaje y le gustaría que me uniera a ella. Así es, no puedo permitirme continuar con los ingresos que obtengo actualmente durante Covid. Por supuesto que si mi novio estuviera aquí ahora iríamos

Covid has reduced my normal business flow by over 50%. I can pay my rent and food and basic needs. The gym is paid for by my boyfriend and other things. The gym makes me happy and keeps me from depression while my BF is away.  My Girlfriend can pay her own way and would like me to join her. Thats right I can not afford to go on the income I presently earn during Covid. Of course if my BF was here now we would go. 

3 hours ago, CarmenDane said:

Covid has reduced my normal business flow by over 50%. I can pay my rent and food and basic needs. The gym is paid for by my boyfriend and other things. The gym makes me happy and keeps me from depression while my BF is away.  My Girlfriend can pay her own way and would like me to join her. Thats right I can not afford to go on the income I presently earn during Covid. Of course if my BF was here now we would go. 

Your boyfriend was not invited.  And it would be very rude to invite him on a girl's vacation.   And I agree with Wiseman2, if you can't afford to go, then don't go.

Edited by basil67
  • Like 1
  • Author

3 hours ago, Lola said:

Why do you call your girl friend (amiga) novia?

estúpido error tipográfico de autocorrección de mi teléfono celular. Si amiga

I tried to focus on English for the practice. I did not notice.

Carmen

• Author

To pay my half only. Not hers. 

In his defence I think I gave wrong idea. English not my native language. He did not order to go with us. He expressed he wished he could go too because we are presently thousands of miles apart.

Edited by CarmenDane
10 minutes ago, CarmenDane said:

To pay my half only. Not hers

Still if you don't have the money to pay for your trip, you need to stay home.  A BF is not an ATM 

• Like 4

I mean if he offered to pay because he can easily afford it & wants to do something nice for you then I don’t see a problem accepting it. Otherwise, what @d0nnivainsaid

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you all for your responses. Was nice to see the opinon of others. Regardless if my BF agrees to pay (which I would consider a lovely gift) I have the highest admiration for his generous nature. We like open dialog so we dont use this form against each other but rather to express thoughts openly. I also thank google translator lol.

Carmen

• Like 1
  • Author
On 9/24/2021 at 4:29 PM, Pumpernickel said:

I mean if he offered to pay because he can easily afford it & wants to do something nice for you then I don’t see a problem accepting it. Otherwise, what @d0nnivainsaid

Yes, this is how I see it too. I am not demanding it lol

Carmen

Edited by CarmenDane
  • Like 1