Couple profile

I opened a profile for my girlfriend and myself as her English is not so good and we wanted a forum where we both can be part of a greater community but also share and know what is posted between us. No secrets sort of speak. I see no option for couple in the sign up. Are we better off to make separate profiles? My GF will rarely post though. Maybe comment now and then. Are there other couple profiles?

3 hours ago, CarmenDane said:

I see no option for couple in the sign up. Are we better off to make separate profiles? My GF will rarely post though. 

Yes it's confusing that she is posting as you. 

I have seen this before elsewhere. If your girlfriend wants to differentiate herself while using the account, she can sign off as Carmen on a post in a thread. Otherwise, we'll assume it's Dane speaking. Thanks for letting us know. 

• Author
5 hours ago, glows said:

I have seen this before elsewhere. If your girlfriend wants to differentiate herself while using the account, she can sign off as Carmen on a post in a thread. Otherwise, we'll assume it's Dane speaking. Thanks for letting us know. 

Makes sense. Thanks 

5 hours ago, glows said:

• Like 1
On 9/20/2021 at 2:20 PM, CarmenDane said:

I opened a profile for my girlfriend and myself as her English is not so good and we wanted a forum where we both can be part of a greater community but also share and know what is posted between us. No secrets sort of speak. I see no option for couple in the sign up. Are we better off to make separate profiles? My GF will rarely post though. Maybe comment now and then. Are there other couple profiles?

Why not chose a forum where the language is one that both of you speak?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 2:20 PM, CarmenDane said:

I opened a profile for my girlfriend and myself as her English is not so good 

Have you tried one of the language apps such a Babbel? 

Not sure if they have couple profiles but it could be a fun way to communicate and learn or hone languages.

Edited by Wiseman2
  • Author

She has taken some English classes in her home city of San Jose and she did well in them. I think her writing skills is much better then she feels. She has more problems speaking English. She likes to use Duolingo in a pinch. I heard good things about Babble. Thanks for the tip.

I have learned some Spanish from "Pimsleur approach". I feel is a very good program.  I learn more each time a go to Costa Rica too, but its difficult. 

Edited by CarmenDane
  • Thanks 1