Ldr first meet

Charlie_daniel

Ok I’ve got a question. Me and my gf live 8 hours apart. We’ve been talking for 2 months. We are meeting for the first time on Halloween. But it killing me to wait. I want to surprise visit her before Halloween. Is that a bad idea or should I do it. I have no idea what to do. She loves surprises and I think she’ll love it but I’m just not sure since this is our first time meeting 

No, do not surprise her for the first meet. 

Stick to the planned meeting, and see how it goes. You're already putting the cart before the horse by deciding you're in a relationship when you have never met.  Don't dial up the pressure even more by showing up unannounced and uninvited. 

If she loves surprises, jump out & say boo while wearing a Halloween mask when you 1st meet her.  Do NOT show up 8 hours from where you are unannounced to surprise her.  That comes across more as a stalker with poor boundaries.   

After you have been dating a while & no more about her schedule, then maybe it will be OK to just pop by. 

• Like 1
On 9/20/2021 at 10:17 AM, Charlie_daniel said:

I want to surprise visit her before Halloween. Is that a bad idea or should I do it.

You will want to be the best you can be for your first meet up. You will want to be well groomed, clean, smelling pleasant, looking and acting your best because "First impressions count". Now... You want to deny her of that privilege when "First impressions count"??? No. Rejection burns for a long time..... First meet up keep it all well planned and even give her the advantage, it will pay off over time.

• Like 1

Yeah , agree with the others , def' def' def' not , bad bad idea. But good luck for when it does happen and l hope it's everything you both imagine.

Edited by chillii
On 9/19/2021 at 7:17 PM, Charlie_daniel said:

Ok I’ve got a question. Me and my gf live 8 hours apart. We’ve been talking for 2 months. We are meeting for the first time on Halloween. But it killing me to wait. I want to surprise visit her before Halloween. Is that a bad idea or should I do it. I have no idea what to do. She loves surprises and I think she’ll love it but I’m just not sure since this is our first time meeting 

How can she be your girlfriend already if you haven't met each other yet? Slow things down a little. Meet on Oct 31 as planned and see whether there is chemistry or if you both find each other attractive in person. Go from there. Surprises at this stage aren't a good idea. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

[ ] 

Every relationship has questions for the future, you have alot of things to learn about each other, maybe they meet and see that they are not so compatible, so what? Maybe two people meet in real life and get together but then figure out they are not compatible after getting to know each other on a deeper level, so what? Maybe two people realize they are not so compatible only after they actually move and LIVE together for a while, so?

Ive meet my current girlfriend online too, without having to meet her in real life, we talked on the phone or videocalls for hours and hours and I was convinced she is the woman of my dreams, I then thought about the same thing alot, that every fibre in my body wants me to be with her, yet what if we don't click in real life?

And then I thought heck... you ONLY LIVE ONCE... why are you scared of something that MIGHT happen when you ENJOY the present moment with the person and are the happiest ever, maybe tomorrow someone might leave this earth because of a freak accident, things in life happen, you LIVE FOR NOW, take risks in life and live it to the fullest and do what YOU WANT TO DO and what your HEART tells you.

So I did the most romantic thing ever and in a very romantic way asked her to be my girlfriend and she said yes.

We meet in real life many months later, and I had alot of emotions before meeting her, excitement, thrill, happyness... and was I scared? Heck yea I was scared, it was the person that made me realize so many things in life, the person I enjoy spending time so much and in this present moment have a very hard time imagining my days without... so what if it doesn't work and I lose them? The prospect of that is horrible, but hey at least I had this time with her that was magical and at least I gave miself the chance for it to work.

So we meet, and I was scared and didn't know what will happen... and then we saw each other, we hugged each other, and from then on everything went so smooth and natural like we have been together for 50 years, and it was 1000 times better than online and surpassed every expectation I could have imagined or every best case scenario I had in my head, and its been quite a long time now and we have meet many times and we are currently very close to moving in together and we are the happiest we have ever been.

The risk I took was the best risk I have taken in my whole life, because it lead me to something special and magical, so OP don't listen to the haters but DARE to LIVE, and DARE to do the things you LOVE, and don't worry about your first meet, it will go better than you could possibly imagine!

And in regards to your question specifically, don't do a suprize visit, not the first time, maybe later.

Good luck, its going to turn out great!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
argumentative
  • Like 1