Will I survive divorce?

I am a child of ultra-conservative parents brought up in a judgmental society. 

I married my husband discreetly, without much social support as we belong to different religions. The discreet nature of our wedding could actually be a blessing. 

I am sure I want a divorce, I am not sure if I will survive it. I have physical, financial, and emotional insecurities bogging me down.  

Does such a scared person deserve happiness? (Although I feel that happiness is not guaranteed post-divorce).

He is not a horrible husband, we are tremendously incompatible. And I made some judgement lapses while choosing him as a life partner. 

Join a divorce support group.   There are plenty of them around  It will help you to feel less alone if you have support from others going through what you are going through.  

• Like 1
On 9/16/2021 at 10:11 PM, enjay said:

I am not sure if I will survive it. I have physical, financial, and emotional insecurities bogging me down. 

I would look for individual counselling. As a child of divorce you might need or want more one on one help with a therapist or trained counsellor, unpacking whatever insecurities you have stemming since childhood. Divorce might not solve all those issues as the work is individual and personal to you. What getting divorced will do is free you up to be single so you can repair any issues you have with yourself (continue that journey of discovery) and help you find someone else more compatible to you in the long run. 

On 9/17/2021 at 1:11 AM, enjay said:

I am sure I want a divorce, I am not sure if I will survive it. I have physical, financial, and emotional insecurities bogging me down.  

How long were you married? Can you have the marriage annulled?

How were you surviving financially before?