I am thinking of quiting a 3rd job in a row after 2 months

I am relatively lucky to work in a high demand industry. I often get head-hunted and made offers to without any initiation.

This has led to somewhat of a "grass is greener" syndrome. In the last 3 jobs (my current being the 3rd), there were things that bothered me but probably wouldn't be important enough to change jobs if I didn't have easy opportunities. For example, in my current job, there isn't much to do. People tend to leave me out of meetings and it's hard for me to even see where I can contribute or even if they need my role. My manager is largely absent and never did any onboarding. I have been left to my own devices and all of this has killed my motivation to learn the job. It's also a very small company and I constantly feel guilty that I am not doing much and basically wasting their money - something I wouldn't feel in a larger company.

I recently received an offer for a government job that I applied for few months back but didn't think I had much chance of getting. They took ages to get all my security clearances processed and I pretty much forgot about it. It's a very secure job which is appealing in this climate. I feel somewhat sick at leaving my 3rd job so quickly. It will look terrible on my CV, I will burn bridges, word may get around in my industry, what on earth will I do if the new job doesn't work out?

I guess I don't know what to do. I think I could make things work in my current job if I *really* took all my effort into pushing myself into projects and meetings (I am a bit resentful though that there is so little effort from their end). Also decent government jobs don't come around every day.

I actually don't enjoy starting new jobs and just crave some stability. Any advice?

You dont owe your current job anything. Sometimes you have to move around to find where you belong. A govmnt job is definitely appealing. I say try it out, you clearly don't have an issue getting hired.

• Like 1