Crossover rejection

mortensorchid

I decided what my purpose in life is fairly recently, as in what my cause should be : to support the arts in my city.  I have gotten onto committees, am getting my name out there, eventually I want to be on boards and maybe start an arts scholarship program through a university.  I am quite happy networking.

There is one major problem, however.  I was rejected about 7 years ago by this dude I had a crush on.  I didn't approach things the right way, etc. And I was rejected.  I walked away and never spoke a word to him ever again.  I have connected with this guy who is starting up his own theater company, I said I'll bring in my retainers from my old company.  He and the rejector are good friends and our paths will cross again.  What to do? 

Great that you've got a purpose.  

As for what to do about this guy, it depends on how you'll feel if you have to be at the same event or meeting as him.  Can you be gracious in his presence?

5 hours ago, mortensorchid said:

He and the rejector are good friends and our paths will cross again.  What to do? 

Talk about the business at hand. A crush from nearly a decade ago is not going to care or even remember.

• Like 1