16 year marriage in doldrums

I am 54 and my 16 year old marriage is being put to an end bt my wife. We have a daughter and she would be living with her. I have believe in no conflict relationship but for some reason or the other there has always been conflicts and a lot of influence from my wife's side. They call themselves as a strong women family.

I run a business along with my wife and things are getting very difficult at work too. In the last many years my concentration was on building the business and selling it retiring to enjoy life. But somehow this has changed completely. I am a wreck who is unable to concentrate on my work or on anything. COVID has placed a lot of pressure on me financially.

I have slowly realised that I dont love my wife any more. We have not had any intimate relationship in years.

Any advice and support would be most appreciated.

K

Sorry you are here.

With what you have said... all you can do is ether go to counseling, or file for D.   But, it sounds like you are both just done. Sorry.

• Like 1

NC is not an option when children are involved.  You & your wife must remain on speaking terms to co-parent.  

If you no longer love her & haven't had sex in years, consult a divorce attorney at a larger firm that also has a business section.  You need to end your marriage & separate your wife out of the business you both own.  

If you want to try to save the marriage you will need a marriage counselor.  

What are the conflicts about? What are her reasons for divorce?

Your child comes first and there is counselling for that as coparents while transitioning through divorce. Search for counselling in your area and do some research. They’ll teach you how to be effective coparents. Find individual therapy for yourself if you need it. And speak with a lawyer about your divorce and the business. 

Harry Korsnes

Sorry your here! 

Not much to go on here. How is your relationship with your daughter? Can she buy you out of the business? That way when you can start fresh with something new when you divorce.