The wrong number

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

Today I got a text from someone while in the middle of baking.  I picked up the phone and saw this message:

"Hey how are you (man's name)? I'm (woman's name), we chatted on Hinge last time I went down to see my aunt but we didn't meet for dinner.  I'm back in the area for a while if you still want to go out while I'm here. Are you available?"

Me: "I'm sorry you must have the wrong number I am not the person you're looking for."

"Whoa that's aweful I guess he slipped me the wrong number darn.  I chose to believe he wrote it incorrectly.  Anyway, you learned my name and this how I look. What's yours?"

Then the sender sends me a picture of a blonde woman with glasses.  I chose not to respond to it, but instead blocked it.  Scam?  Don't know, but certainly odd. 

• Author
mortensorchid
5 hours ago, Happy Lemming said:

What are you baking??  Anything good??

Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for my buddy's birthday.

• Like 3

Telemarketers are unpleasant. My favorite are the calls to extend your auto warranty.

A good caller ID app on your phone might help.

Especially for when you're in the middle of baking.

Like if you go to put the wrong amount of baking powder in your cake - that's an automatic cake fail. 😔

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...

Dang it, I wish this was a thing in my world... giving a pushy dude a wrong number without him calling it right back to make sure I have his number on record. Worked great back in the 90s. Now you have to actually decline and suffer him get snarky for the next 8.5 seconds.

Not to say I often get asked my phone number on the street, but with harassing randos like this mover dude last month, two is two too many.

Edited by czanclus