When to give up

Was in a happy 6 year relationship until my boyfriend and I started talking about relocating so I could pursue further education. His parents did not approve and got into a nasty argument with me. After the argument my boyfriend of 6 years broke up with me in a nasty text message and ghosted me, blocking all forms of contact. After two months of silence he finally responded to my attempt to contact. We have been broken up for 4 months now and recently have stopped talking because we’re finding it difficult to navigate being friends and the decisions surrounding if we should get back together. I really miss him but don’t know if I should keep trying as we haven’t spoken in over a month.

I couldn't be with a grown man who's parents dictated what he does and get's mad at me because they don't like our decisions.  You are better off without this Momma's boy.

• Like 1
Happy Lemming
37 minutes ago, Anon135 said:

I started talking about relocating so I could pursue further education.

If you have the opportunity to further your education, go for it. 

I imagine his parents don't understand the value of education and how it will open doors in the future (for you).  They wanted their son to stay around them (local). 

You don't need to be friends with your ex-boyfriend, nor do you need to get back together with him.  Sometimes when a relationship is broken, it cannot be fixed.

Concentrate on your education and how to relocate to make that happen.

• Like 1