Are you attracted to their voice?

I am attracted to some female voices on phone or in person. Don't know why. Medium to low pitch clear and very good diction. Some voices are melodic. Girls who talk fast or with high soprano I can't understand because of my hearing problem. I would even meet a woman with a nice phone voice as blind date. Would you do this? I never tried nor will I because it looks desperate and lonely. She might be married or live too far. They like compliments on their voice. So I guess I am a voiceman. Lol

• Like 1

Her voice can certainly make a difference.   My gf voice turns me on, but so many others things do as well so it could be interrelated.

What in the world is desperate or lonely about asking someone out to meet that you have never met?  Sounds like that takes confidence.  Sure get to know them a little so it doesn't come off you have a voice fetish, but why not.   I mean unless you do have a voice fetish, no judgment.  

• Like 1
poppyfields

My boyfriends have been known to get erections while simply talking to me/hearing my voice on the phone (truth); a voice can also make or break it for me.

I am actually more audio-oriented than visually, I'm not alone about that either I don't think. 

Although the physical is extremely important to me as well!  

I have met men in person after meeting on line and not speaking on phone, only because I really dislike talking on the phone. 

But it IS a good way of filtering out people if voice is important to you.

Edited by poppyfields
  • Like 1

Voices may sound different over the phone than in person. I have found a couple attractive on the phone but exceedingly annoying or ordinary in person. This is because their personalities or character were unimpressive also as time went on. It may have to do with the mind not having access to a visual accompaniment and over-focussed on sound of over the phone.

Naturally, if a person turns you on in more ways than one the voice is just a small part of that attraction. It’s a person’s character that counts and I would not judge that by voice or intonation alone.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

There have been studies done on this that conclude it’s a thing… but yeah… I lovvvvvveeeee a sexy voice . And if the voice isn’t good it can make me lose attraction/be a deal breaker fr. One of the dudes I’m seeing has THE SEXIEST voice ever 

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1
poppyfields
7 minutes ago, Cookiesandough said:

yeah… Ilovvvvvveeeee a sexy voice 

One of the dudes I’m seeing has THE SEXIEST voice ever 

What's his sun sign?  LOL 😛

Teasing, I agree!  

Edited by poppyfields
  • Thanks 1
Cookiesandough
2 minutes ago, poppyfields said:

What's his sun sign?  LOL 😛

Teasing, I agree!  

Lol..girl, he’s a cancer too lol… I wonder if that’s a thing. I bet you aren’t kidding your voice is 🔥 

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Thanks 1
poppyfields
3 minutes ago, Cookiesandough said:

Lol..girl, he’s a cancer too lol… I wonder if that’s a thing. I bet you aren’t kidding your voice is 🔥 

Lol, I thought you didn't like Cancer men, or maybe it was just that one who stalked you? 😳

And thanks!   All I will say about my voice is that it suits me, and matches my energy!    I've been told that too.

Same back at ya! 

Keep us posted about the Cancer guy!  💛

• Like 1

Love a deep voice (very sensual) but there are other features that get me good. 

2 hours ago, LuckyM said:

They like compliments on their voice. So I guess I am a voiceman. Lol

So, what do you intend to do with this new found information?

Edited by Alpaca
7 hours ago, LuckyM said:

I would even meet a woman with a nice phone voice as blind date. 

Not sure about blind dates but voice is definitely a make it/break it characteristic. Screechy or too husky is sort of a turn off.

Pretty obvious op of course people are attracted to voice it's a huge part of personality.Make sure you know what she looks like too though first bc unfortunately voices can also be very deceiving and obviously have absolutely nothing to do with what someone might actually look like.

My partners voice and accent is literally almost scary , surreal , it's so beautiful. Scary bc she's a flight supervisor and oh mannnnn, when she goes over the loud speaker you can literally see male passengers reactions haha. They've actually come looking for her or asked about her on flights too, just from her voice. And actually l'm pretty lucky in that department myself too women have always loved my voice especially over the phone but l'm damned if l know why. Bc when l hear myself on a recording l really hate the way l sound, l use to almost pray l didn't really sound like that but eh, non the less , they do love it for some very odd reason.

mark clemson

For me in terms of women's voices, I would say there are attractive voices, sexy voices, neutral voices, and "yuck" voices. In my case, I do have a hard time being attracted to (an even otherwise attractive) woman if she has a yuck voice.

Edited by mark clemson

The voice can be a definite bonus.  My guy and I were talking on the phone yesterday and I was thinking how sexy his deep voice was.

• Like 1

Funny , l use to ask baby , when you need to make announcements can you at least try not to sound so damn sexy but she literally can't. Not at home , not even waking up in the morng , she opens her mouth , pure sexy haha.

LivingWaterPlease

I dated a guy once, used to call all the time, had the greatest voice! I never called him. One day I did have to call him. Guess he didn't see caller ID or something bc he answered in a nasal-toned voice! When he heard it was me, though, he switched over to his masculine voice, the only one I'd ever heard from him before! Hilarious!

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

My husband has a great voice,  clear, masculine and great on the radio....I listened proudly when he was interviewed.

Like Chilli, I cringe at the sound of my own voice on a recording, my accent is so kiwi!! However one of my colleagues used to have to call me quite a bit from another site and she always said that I would make a fortune out of phone sex, said I have a very sexy voice....I just don't hear it!!

I'm very put off by screechy female voices, and whiny sounding male voices. 

• Like 1
  • Author

My voice has become higher and raspy over the years because of asthma.  I hate it! I am told to drink more water less milk. Most people don't like their voice recorded. I had a brief news spot on radio once. Okay. Yeah voices can be very deceptive and are no indication of character except for actors obviously

A devious thought ..to use an offputting voice over the phone and see whether the other end takes or gives it a chance. 

• Like 2
Cookiesandough
15 hours ago, glows said:

A devious thought ..to use an offputting voice over the phone and see whether the other end takes or gives it a chance. 

Experiment time 

• Like 1
CaliforniaGirl

I love men's voices, OMG. All different types. Must something about the timbre...not sure...I love to listen to men talk.

LivingWaterPlease
On 8/4/2021 at 5:31 PM, glows said:

I used to want to dress up (hair, make up effects, pad clothing to look heavy in the wrong places, etc.) in college (and thereafter) to look very homely and attend class for at least a few months that way. Interact with others that way, etc. Then one day show up to class with normal dress, hair, etc. It's something I thought of doing but never did. Sorry, don't mean to t/j, but didn't resist.

• Like 1