What is so annoying …

innocentab1

Hi, advice needed please. So I have fallen back into my ex’s arms. We’ve been dating quietly in a low key way, chatting and meeting up when we can. Things ended very suddenly before with much upset a few years ago and after a few drinks the other night I asked him if he still had feelings for me - he answered yes of course. I said the same thing.. Low key. Since then he hasn’t spoken to me, but has said it annoyed him that I brought it up. I’m kind of confused. Is he saying that he loves me but can’t be with me? All over again?? Without actually saying it. Surely it should be a happy moment saying yes you love someone. Any advice would be most gratefully received. Thank you 

3 minutes ago, innocentab1 said:

after a few drinks the other night I asked him if he still had feelings for me - he answered yes of course.

You may want to cut your losses and spare yourself a lot of headaches and heartaches by hooking up with a flaky ex.

Better to move forward than to backpedal.

What caused the break up a few years ago? And what does low key mean? Is this the catch phrase these days for casual sex? 

It sounds very casual from the sounds of it and if that's what you were intending in order to rebuild the trust and the relationship, it's not quite going that way, I'm afraid. If he hasn't spoken to you and told you outright that it annoyed him, this person has no regard for you at all and you both were on completely different wavelengths to start. He thought it was casual and you thought it could turn into something more. 

• Like 3
Reeses_Piece

Agreed with Glows, the ‘low key’ aspect of it makes it sound casual, and if that’s the case I’m not too sure how serious he may be. I would even hesitate to wonder if he’s seeing someone…

With you bringing up feelings, this may be hinting to a commitment he’s not willing to make. A standard has been set, he likes the freedom he has of seeing you on the down low that he doesn’t appear to want to change. I would suggest that if you want something more serious, you should cut your losses now and leave. 

• Like 1