Bald/balding men, how are you doing?

Cookiesandough

Cookiesandough

Any bald(ing) men in the house? How is dating for you? Do you think your baldness has impacted your love life in any way? Pro or con ? 

Edited by Cookiesandough

My bald mate recently got married.  He told me that the more hair he loses, the more head he gets.   Boom tish!   (And a true story)

• Like 3

I started losing hair at 35ish and met the woman of my dreams (now my wife) when I was 43. So all good for me. 

Just like anything, the actual trait, be it balding, shortness, being overweight etc. has no impact on finding love however letting those things impact you self-worth / confidence has a major impact.

• Like 6

l know a guy in a wheelchair that has a lovely gf but not only , also 2 other female friends that are tbh competing against his gf . l told him this he seemed to think they were all just getting along but that ain't what l saw and heard. He's in a bloody wheelchair yet here he is doesn't know wth to do now with these women fighting over him.

One of my brothers too is fairly short and as bald as a billiard ball from 25 on happily married 30yrs but the kicker was , he had to choose between 2 women back at the time.30yrs, beautiful family , think he made the right choice .

Edited by chillii
  • Like 1

My ex was bald (shaved his head). It didn't make a difference. Actually I helped with the maintenance purely out of affection, no particular interest.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, glows said:

My ex was bald (shaved his head). It didn't make a difference. Actually I helped with the maintenance purely out of affection, no particular interest.

That reminds me , l had mine completely shaved for yrs back in the day , women actually liked it. Got married like that and all.

• Like 1
Just now, chillii said:

That reminds me , l had mine completely shaved for yrs back in the day , women actually liked it. Got married like that and all.

I think many do find it attractive and it works with how that person may carry themselves or the way they interact with others affecting confidence levels. He shaved his head because he was starting to bald a little at the front. Prior to the shaved (bald) look he had shoulder length hair. Both looks suited him but the shaved head was less convenient as it required weekly shaves. I'm not very particular when it comes to hair, as long as it's neat mostly. 

• Like 2

I've been attracted to a few guys in recent years that were bald.  That in itself had no affect on my attraction either way.

• Like 1
Blind-Sided

I was going thin at a young age.  I started to just hit my head with trimmers going back 10 years ago. I don't shave my head because I would have to do it ever couple days.  If I trim it at 1mm... I can do it weekly, and no razor burn.  LOL

After my D... I thought it may become an issue.  BUT... once I got out there... not a single girl seemed to mind.   Also... my GF's best friend... she is much younger than me... and her new BF is shaving his head. (They are just at 30 yo)  So... she doesn't seem to mind either.  

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Cookiesandough said:

Any bald(ing) men in the house? How is dating for you? Do you think your baldness has impacted your love life in any way? Pro or con ? 

Wait... Is the unhinged PS5 guy balding? Do you think it's related to his insecurity?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Fletch Lives

Do you think it bothers Vin Diesel or the Rock?! 😛 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Cookiesandough said:

I´m began becoming bald earlier than 30 years ago, when I was near to 40 years old. Saying it in other words and since decades I have no grey hair. And neither other ones.

So it´s like a personal "signature", almost a matter of identity. The only concern about is to decide if to put there a tatoo sign saying: "Private: Do not park".

About my ... love life, when there was one.

I doubt (but I will think it better) that the hair loss was a factor in my divorce, three decades ago. She wouldn´t noticed it an, just saying, neither if I had rastas.

But if it was that what caused her fly away, I would put it in the pro side of the list.

The next two significative ladies seemed to love it. But they also loved me, so it was part of the package.

The one that counted the most even used to call me "Pela" (from Pelado: Bald) as an edearment name.

There are also FIVE young ladies that find it cute. But being them three daughters and two grandaughters, that´s another case.

So, no cons about. Or not ones that I´m aware of.......

Edited by Uruktopi
  • Like 2
Fletch Lives
9 minutes ago, Uruktopi said:

The only concern about is to decide if to put there a tatoo sign saying: "Private: Do not park".

I like this. I'm going to steal it. I know, it's petty theft.

I need to get a couple tattoos myself.

I want to get one on my backside which reads: "If you can read this, you are too close!"

On the front I want: "Things may appear smaller than they really are!" 😄

• Like 5
Happy Lemming

A few years back I had a friend that was completely bald and would shave what few small hairs would pop up on his head.

He was a former Army Ranger (left the military in his early 30's) and totally ripped.  He had no problem picking up the ladies. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Fletch Lives said:

I want to get one on my backside which reads: "If you can read this, you are too close!"

On the front I want: "Things may appear smaller than they really are!" 😄

LOL!

I like the way you think about!

• Like 1
Blind-Sided
2 hours ago, Fletch Lives said:

Do you think it bothers Vin Diesel or the Rock?! 😛 

That's kind of the point right there.  When you own up to being bald... and you don't care... people around you don't care either.  Regardless of if you are going thin, or bald... if you chose to just trim it off clean... then that's a choice.  I think it's the guys with (cheap) plugs, wigs, or comb-over's who have an issue.  They are insecure, and project that insecurity.  Not to mention... it's kind of an outward "lie"... so to speak.  So you have a great toupee, and you meet a girl who likes you... but (for our discussion) is a little shallow.  And once you get physical... and she sees it... then you will be rejected based on that "Lie".   Not to mention, that guy is already insecure, and drop a rejection on top of it... that's crushing.

Heck... my 70 yo dad has more hair than me... but has the "Bald Spot" on the back of his head.  He doesn't like it... but, I make sure to take pictures of it for him. LOL.

I started to go thin in my late 20's... so I have had a long time to come to grips with it. 

• Like 1
  • Author
Cookiesandough
4 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Wait... Is the unhinged PS5 guy balding? Do you think it's related to his insecurity?

Hahaha. Nah, he actually has a very full head of hair. Don’t know what his deal is. 

i’m just curious. I’ve heard guys say that it completely destroyed their dating life. But I guess people say that about anything sometimes. The male pattern baldness site is a mess of finasteride, incelism, and broken dreams.

Personally, I’ve been attracted to men that were balding. I prefer receding hairline to completely bald, but that’s just my deal. I definitely know completely bald look does it for a lot of women too. 

There’s a guy I was sort of interested in who I’d never seen without a hat. Pretty sure he was bald(ing) under there. I think with that it can be a bit deceptive and better to just own it, but I fully recognize it could be protective from the elements 

Thanks for the insight, guys!!! 

Edited by Cookiesandough
18 minutes ago, Cookiesandough said:

Hahaha. Nah, he actually has a very full head of hair. Don’t know what his deal is. 

i’m just curious. I’ve heard guys say that it completely destroyed their dating life. But I guess people say that about anything sometimes. The male pattern baldness site is a mess of finasteride, incelism, and broken dreams.

Personally, I’ve been attracted to men that were balding. I prefer receding hairline to completely bald, but that’s just my deal. I definitely know completely bald look does it for a lot of women too. 

There’s a guy I was sort of interested in who I’d never seen without a hat. Pretty sure he was bald(ing) under there. I think with that it can be a bit deceptive and better to just own it, but I fully recognize it could be protective from the elements 

Thanks for the insight, guys!!! 

If it's your thing it's your thing. Nothing to feel ashamed about. I'm sure a lot of us wonder a lot more than what's under a hat if you get my drift. 

Yes, I think a lot of women are into shaved or clean cut men.

• Thanks 1
poppyfields
12 minutes ago, glows said:

If it's your thing it's your thing. Nothing to feel ashamed about. I'm sure a lot of us wonder a lot more than what's under a hat if you get my drift. 

Yes, I think a lot of women are into shaved or clean cut men.

I think shaved head with a short beard is extremely sexy!  💛

• Like 4
  • Author
Cookiesandough

I don’t think I’ve ever been into a dude with a bald head completely … only a bit of recession. I’m not dead yet though haha. Maybe just haven’t met the one. My mom always says if youre balding you should shave it off and it’s much more charming. I seriously think she’s into bald men my dad is now old and still has all his hair 

Side note, I read this one article a researcher said that balding is seen as a sign of sexual maturity, dominance, intelligence in silverback gorillas and could be the same for humans. + 1 for baldies 

Edited by Cookiesandough

all i know is, i have pink hair and i'm single.  other guys are bald and have girlfriends.

so they must be winning.

• Like 2
poppyfields
3 hours ago, Cookiesandough said:

Side note, I read this one article a researcher said that balding is seen as a sign of sexual maturity, dominance, intelligence in silverback gorillas and could be the same for humans. + 1 for baldies 

I haven't read that, but I've read articles stating that a shaved head is a sign of dominance. 

Different from balding, as balding isn't a choice.

When a man chooses to shave his head, apparently there is some sort of meaning behind that, like he is dominant, commanding or something like that anyway, I read this several years ago...

• Like 1
Blind-Sided
4 hours ago, Cookiesandough said:

Guys who say it destroyed their dating life... probably didn't have a dating life to begin with.  But it's that attitude that will make girls leave.  It's the same with the late 30's girl who wants to get married, and have a kid right away. They put off the desperate vibe... and guys run away. It's the subtle, subconscious.... vibe (Wish I had a better word for that) that other humans can pick up on.  Maybe it's a pheromone or something. 

As far as a website.... they are selling something... they go right to fear.  LOL 

3 hours ago, poppyfields said:

I think shaved head with a short beard is extremely sexy!  💛

Really ?!?!?!   LOL.   So does my GF. (Trimmer at #1 for my head, and #3 for the beard)

One more thing came to mind....  I may have lost my hair... but I do have a few other things going for me, that seem to make up for it.   I'm 6' tall, blue eyes, and have a muscular chest.  My GF says she really likes when she hugs me, and she just sinks into my chest.  

I know both of you have followed along with my Divorce, and my dating life some.... the one night I was feeling down, and a female friend took me out... I literally had 3 girls hanging on me, and another showing me pictures of her single friends.  So hair has nothing to do with it.  (and it was a great ego boost)

Edited by Blind-Sided
  • Like 1

Balding is a sign of ageing and whilst some women may be attracted to bald men, others just  aren't and are turned off.
I can see that baldness could ruin some men's dating life. "His good looks disappeared with his hair..."
Being young and bald can be a disaster for some guys.

However, some men actually suit the bald/shaved look, they have faces that are enhanced by a bald head, others don't.
The big ripped good looking guy with a bald/shaved head is often far removed attraction-wise from your average bald guy, who also may be weedy and weak or fat and flabby or ugly and uncouth.... not great mixes made arguably worse by the addition of baldness....

A shaved/bald head can also be seen as a bit tough and rough, a badge of criminality even (actual or assumed), or a sign of strength, masculinity and dominance in some quarters/cultures too, but losing one's hair is in reality seen as the first steps into becoming older and weaker... and for a society  obsessed by youth that in the main makes baldness probably not a great thing for most single men. 

There are huge industries centred around men and their lack of hair...
The pursuit of youth and the avoidance of baldness is big business. 

• Like 3

Provided there are no health issues and given aging, balding is ussually just an inherited thing.

No worst and no better than other ones.

I´m happy with my bald head cos it´s mine, is how I am. 

And because it was attractive to one special woman of my life.

In a wider consideration and besides the personal prefferences, can´t see the point for a deeper discussion. 

• Like 1