Twin Flames

On 6/8/2021 at 10:38 PM, luiscasabuena said:

Do you believe in Twin Flames? If so, would you marry someone who is your twin flame?

l do believe and have lived very very close to yeah , and we would've married if not for other circumstances .

• Author
luiscasabuena

Why would you have married him/her?

I'm pretty sure my ex was my twin flame... but I don't think I'll marry her as we always fought.

2 hours ago, luiscasabuena said:

I'm pretty sure my ex was my twin flame... but I don't think I'll marry her as we always fought.

Unfortunately this makes no sense. Perhaps you were more like a flame and gasoline?

I suppose you mean soulmate? Is that the same thing?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If twin flames existed wouldn't they be together forever?  Is your twin flame supposesd to be the person you'd be in harmony the most? If so then why aren't all of us with our twin flame. 

No I don't beleive in the concept of twin flames.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, luiscasabuena said:

Why would you have married him/her?

Bc for one, l loved everything about her and her me, to an insane degree, but there were many more things too.

You fought huh , you know and whether it's true or not who knows with anything you read these days, but they do say twin flames do often fight.

Edited by chillii
40 minutes ago, Gaeta said:

If twin flames existed wouldn't they be together forever?  Is your twin flame supposesd to be the person you'd be in harmony the most? If so then why aren't all of us with our twin flame. 

No I don't beleive in the concept of twin flames.

Ah sorry but that'd make no sense either bc a true twin flame is something most people will never know that's why it's a twin flame. Most people are lucky if they can just find somebody they can actually even get along with well enough to marry , and half of marriages don't even have that.

ps , mind you l'm well aware most think something like twin flames is just total bs, and that's fair enough, most don't even understand what it is.

Edited by chillii

Understand (after googling it) a twin flame to be much more than a soul mate.   Frankly if you met yours do not think there would be any question if you would marry them and there would be no fighting, if understand the concept correctly.   Why do I always seem to see people calling others their "soul mate" or now "twin flame" when it is clear to everyone they are so not and these terms are used to plaster over clearly dysfunctional relationships. 

It really doesn't matter if I believe it or not, whatever the word there are people with whom we connect with much more than anyone else.  Give it whatever name you want, construct a metaphysical theory around it if you wish, not sure what difference that makes or should make. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, SumGuy said:

Why do I always seem to see people calling others their "soul mate" or now "twin flame" when it is clear to everyone they are so not and these terms are used to plaster over clearly dysfunctional relationships. 

Could it be that a certain percentage turn into twin icebergs?❄

• Like 1

Google says :A twin flame is an intense soul connection, sometimes called a "mirror soul," thought to be a person's other half. It's based on the idea that sometimes one soul gets split into two bodies. One of the main characteristics of a twin flame relationship is that it will be both challenging and healing.

Someone's soul getting split into two bodies?  The idea sounds a bit too woo-woo for me to connect with.

But if it were true, no I would not marry them.  The type of relationship which works for me is when we are quite different, with those differences complimenting each other like pieces of jigsaw.  

Edited by basil67
  • Like 2
poppyfields
50 minutes ago, basil67 said:

Google says :A twin flame is an intense soul connection, sometimes called a "mirror soul," thought to be a person's other half. It's based on the idea that sometimes one soul gets split into two bodies. One of the main characteristics of a twin flame relationship is that it will be both challenging and healing.

Someone's soul getting split into two bodies?  The idea sounds a bit too woo-woo for me to connect with.

But if it were true, no I would not marry them.  The type of relationship which works for me is when we are quite different, with those differences complimenting each other like pieces of jigsaw.  

Yeah, I recently researched twin flames myself and despite popular belief, they are not "soulmates" (which I personally do not believe in) and the relationship (whether it's romantic or a friendship) can be very difficult and challenging as it's like looking in a mirror and seeing your reflection (who you are) staring right back at you.

On the negative side, the flaws you see in the other (neediness/insecurity, etc.), are your own flaws reflected back at you that you haven't or don't wish to acknowledge, which can be quite unsettling!

On the positive side, they understand you, your nature, your personality, your thought process, unlike any other because as is quoted above they are your "mirror soul" reflected back at you.  

While comforting and can a foster deep connection, this type of intensity can also be unsettling.  

It's not uncommon for twin flames to run away from each other at certain times due the complex and intense nature of the relationship.

They are in each other's thoughts however and always return, whether it's a week, a month, a year or many years, they always find their way back to each other....

That is my understanding of it anyway.

If you believe in the Universe and its truths, which I do, it makes sense.

P.S.  I also read that unlike the idea of "soulmates" (which again I personally do not believe in) we only have one twin flame whom we may never even meet, not in this lifetime anyway.   It's one soul split into two, as hokey as that sounds.

Edited by poppyfields

There’s no such thing as a “soul” therefore no soulmate and no twin flame.

On 6/11/2021 at 8:33 AM, basil67 said:

Google ahhh, who'd listen to bloody Google , kidding , couldn't resist.  But it's worked for you you've been married a long time right , nice. lf people know themselves and what works for them whatever that is , they're on the right track hey. lt always amazes me round here though how little people do know themselves .

• Thanks 1
On 6/11/2021 at 9:15 AM, poppyfields said:

Yeah, I recently researched twin flames myself and despite popular belief, they are not "soulmates" (which I personally do not believe in) and the relationship (whether it's romantic or a friendship) can be very difficult and challenging as it's like looking in a mirror and seeing your reflection (who you are) staring right back at you.

On the negative side, the flaws you see in the other (neediness/insecurity, etc.), are your own flaws reflected back at you that you haven't or don't wish to acknowledge, which can be quite unsettling!

On the positive side, they understand you, your nature, your personality, your thought process, unlike any other because as is quoted above they are your "mirror soul" reflected back at you.  

While comforting and can a foster deep connection, this type of intensity can also be unsettling.  

It's not uncommon for twin flames to run away from each other at certain times due the complex and intense nature of the relationship.

They are in each other's thoughts however and always return, whether it's a week, a month, a year or many years, they always find their way back to each other....

That is my understanding of it anyway.

If you believe in the Universe and its truths, which I do, it makes sense.

P.S.  I also read that unlike the idea of "soulmates" (which again I personally do not believe in) we only have one twin flame whom we may never even meet, not in this lifetime anyway.   It's one soul split into two, as hokey as that sounds.

There's so much total bs out there written by God knows who , 90% of bs all over the net is just by some no body with no expertise in anything sitting in bed with a laptop.

But if there is such a thing l believe a lot of this would be a long the right lines , apart from the neediness / insecurities bs l mean wth would they be seeing those two things of all things, sounds like the authors jealous so they've just gotta throw some mud around.

But l'd believe though the things they talk about that drive them apart would actually be the kind of things that could drive two people like this apart, it'd either work or it wouldn't.

Funny whenever this subject comes up anywhere though , l often think of my brother and his wife. Married 30yrs now but when they were young it didn't work out , looked impossible for different reasons and they split 2-3 times and eventually for 3yrs and living 3000km apart training for things and new lives. lt was really weird the way they did reconnect but this time boom ,she moved across the country and they've been married ever since.                                                                                    But they're truly eerie these two , they don't actually have that much in common but it's in the two of them as a person you'll maybe meet one couple like this in your life if your lucky. To this day they still amaze me though in that with all the crap they had back young , it still just fell together in the end anyway in the way that it did and from 3000km away yet this is the couple they were deep down. You would've thought that boom was the very first day they met , but it took 4yrs.

• Like 2
poppyfields

Yeah I don't know chillii, I got my info from a reputable source, but there's another school of thought that says one soul (God) will split off into many souls which means we could have more than one 'twin flame' but who knows. 

And it's not always in the romantic sense either, they could be your friend, teacher, or even a family member.

I think there's probably a lot more involved that makes two people develop an intense immediate connection, too complex to explain here.

• Like 1
Trail Blazer

I'd never heard of the term before.  After consultation with the Alphabet Inc. search engine, I've determined that the it is a bunch of baloney.  

• Like 1
  • Author
luiscasabuena

Lol. I posted this thread for some reason. The girl I'm dating believes in this thing. I wish she didn't because it reminded me of my ex girlfriend which by definition is exactly my twin flame. I'm trying to move away from her as I don't want to have toxic relationships. We kept on fighting.