Is this acceptable

Confused01

My boyfriend walks his dog across a park which has areas of long grass where admittedly I don’t think people would walk there, but part of me still thinks it’s wrong, I mean a child could run there as kids get everywhere am I right to be bothered by this? 

• Confused 1
7 minutes ago, Confused01 said:

My boyfriend walks his dog across a park which has areas of long grass where admittedly I don’t think people would walk there, but part of me still thinks it’s wrong, I mean a child could run there as kids get everywhere am I right to be bothered by this? 

Why are you arguing with him about this? It's his dog and a public park. Do your kids play there? What's the issue? 🐕

• Like 1
  • Author
Confused01

Sorry I forgot to mention he doesn’t pick up his dogs mess, he allows it to do it’s business in the long grass bit it’s still a public area.

I don't understand the issue but I have this to say. 

He should not walk his dog in high grass, it's filled with ticks and it's dangerous for both of them. 

• Like 1

[redacted]

Anyway you can just tell him if hes doing it wrong. Why its a big deal

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
rude, mocking
  • Author
Confused01
On 6/5/2021 at 7:01 AM, Donnas said:

u can just tell him if hes doing it wrong. Why its a big deal

Because a child could step in it fall over and go blind 

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Confused 1
19 minutes ago, Confused01 said:

Ok that happens all the time.🐶💩😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Confused01 said:

Why isn't he using those bags for dog waste?💩

• Author
Confused01
16 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Why isn't he using those bags for dog waste?💩

Probably because he can’t be bothered to pick it up and thinks it’s ok to leave it in long grass 

mark clemson

No, unless this is a (non-nature preserve) wilderness area or something he should be cleaning up the poop, like all the other dog owners have to. So, not acceptable, very inconsiderate, and in fact a mild threat to public health.

lana-banana

As someone who lives in a city: people who don't pick up after their dogs are the absolute worst. It's not just gross and messy, it's a health hazard, it ruins plants, it attracts rats. Yes, you are right to be bothered, it's wildly inconsiderate.

Edited by lana-banana
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, Confused01 said:

Probably because he can’t be bothered to pick it up and thinks it’s ok to leave it in long grass 

Buy him a utility vest filled with dog waste cleanup bags, treats, breath mints, sunglasses, chocolate kisses, a whistle and hand sanitizer.🦺💩😎

• Author
Confused01
11 hours ago, mark clemson said:

No, unless this is a (non-nature preserve) wilderness area or something he should be cleaning up the poop, like all the other dog owners have to. So, not acceptable, very inconsiderate, and in fact a mild threat to public health.

It’s an area of grass behind houses where people walk through admittedly I don’t think they walk through the long grass areas to the side but I still think it’s wrong to leave it there.

• Like 1
  • Author
Confused01
11 hours ago, lana-banana said:

As someone who lives in a city: people who don't pick up after their dogs are the absolute worst. It's not just gross and messy, it's a health hazard, it ruins plants, it attracts rats. Yes, you are right to be bothered, it's wildly inconsiderate.

Even if it’s through long grass? As I’m sure children could run on it as they don’t stick to paths

lana-banana
1 hour ago, Confused01 said:

Even if it’s through long grass? As I’m sure children could run on it as they don’t stick to paths

Yes, of course. People play and eat and sleep in parks; leaving dog waste is a hazard for everybody. It's just so inconsiderate. If you can't be bothered to clean up after a pet then don't have a pet.

• Author
Confused01
33 minutes ago, lana-banana said:

Yes, of course. People play and eat and sleep in parks; leaving dog waste is a hazard for everybody. It's just so inconsiderate. If you can't be bothered to clean up after a pet then don't have a pet.

Thankyou that’s exactly what I think, but he says because it’s in long grass it doesn’t matter and we argue about it, he says nobody walks on that but. 

IMO, his behavior is unacceptable.  Does this attitude extend to other things and people?  Is there a city ordnance re: this?  What would the city do if he's caught - fine him?  Anyway, this sounds like a battle you won't win because he's too selfish, so let it go.  You could also let him go, report him, record him and report him, or just ignore this issue and continue on.

I came face first to dog excrement when I was exercising in the park the other day. It was fresh and wet too.

He can bring those little dog waste bags with him and some have holders that clip onto the leash too.

• Like 2
dramafreezone
7 hours ago, Confused01 said:

You could bring some bags and pick up after the dog if it's that much of a concern.

I am a dog owner and of course believe strongly in the owner picking up after, but if this is on principle as long as it gets picked up by one of you then the duty to the community has been satisifed.

• Author
Confused01
43 minutes ago, dramafreezone said:

You could bring some bags and pick up after the dog if it's that much of a concern.

I am a dog owner and of course believe strongly in the owner picking up after, but if this is on principle as long as it gets picked up by one of you then the duty to the community has been satisifed.

It’s not my dog it’s his responsibility 

• Like 1
  • Author
Confused01
6 hours ago, central said:

IMO, his behavior is unacceptable.  Does this attitude extend to other things and people?  Is there a city ordnance re: this?  What would the city do if he's caught - fine him?  Anyway, this sounds like a battle you won't win because he's too selfish, so let it go.  You could also let him go, report him, record him and report him, or just ignore this issue and continue on.

Yes he would be fined, he’s very stubborn and if we argue he won’t let it go if I’m at his house and we argue he tells me to go home 

If he tells you to go home when there's an argument, you need to leave and not return.   (And make sure to take any things you have at his place!)

Edited by basil67