'Our malware says you might not be who you say you are'

Something like that - when I edited a thread I've just started. What on earth? I had to verify that I was a human being, by clicking boats in pictures. 

2 hours ago, Angelle said:

Something like that - when I edited a thread I've just started. What on earth? I had to verify that I was a human being, by clicking boats in pictures. 

Didn't see that. Hopefully you didn't reenter your email or password. Sounds like a scam pop-up.

• Like 1
  • Author
11 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Didn't see that. Hopefully you didn't reenter your email or password. Sounds like a scam pop-up.

I didn't. :) It just popped up, but it was odd. I don't think that's happened to me anywhere before. Not when posting to a message board. 

• Thanks 1
The Outlaw

I have yet to see that here, but it's more common on other sites or forums once you've been signed out. 

• Like 1
Shining One

That's very unusual wording. What advertises itself as malware? If you ever see it again, please grab a screenshot.

• Like 1
  • Author
8 hours ago, Shining One said:

That's very unusual wording. What advertises itself as malware? If you ever see it again, please grab a screenshot.

I know. I may have been wrong, but it was something like that. 

Typical capture box which confirms the poster is a human and not a spambot by presenting a box of 9 squares and asks the user to click the boxes containing buses, or boats, or trains, or mountains, or bridges, etc.

Happens for a multitude of reasons, none of them are sinister.

Usually because the IP address trips a warning in the software.

Happens to me all the time, because I use a VPN to protect my privacy when browsing the internet.

There is nothing to see here folks, nothing at all.

• Like 2
Shining One
17 hours ago, Alfano said:

Happens for a multitude of reasons, none of them are sinister.

Actually, fake captchas are utilized in a number of phishing attacks. It seems unlikely in this case though since she wasn't asked to re-enter any credentials.

• Thanks 1
On 5/28/2021 at 2:13 PM, Angelle said:

I didn't. :) It just popped up, but it was odd. I don't think that's happened to me anywhere before. Not when posting to a message board. 

Maybe it's a new IQ test ?🚤🛥⛴🛳🚢🛸 <- Which of these is not like the others?

Edited by Wiseman2
  • 1 month later...

When I went to post I got a message saying "Who Dis" and that their spidey sense thought I might not be who I said I was and my computer might be infected.

I'm on a home network. Does this mean that I have some kind of spyware/malware that's doing something on the browser?

38 minutes ago, max3732 said:

When I went to post I got a message saying "Who Dis" and that their spidey sense thought I might not be who I said I was and my computer might be infected.

I'm on a home network. Does this mean that I have some kind of spyware/malware that's doing something on the browser?

Mine was a test on boats.

46 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Mine was a test on boats.

So it's not just me getting it then. I've never seen that before on this site. Mine was with trucks.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, max3732 said:

Mine was with trucks.

Boats and trucks are ok. Hopefully the next one isn't 'check all the native species of Papua New Guinea'.

8 hours ago, max3732 said:

This happens occasionally, including to moderator accounts. It is a hassle but it is nothing to be concerned with. If it happens often, let us know.

• Like 2