Dreams of childhood toys and old house

luiscasabuena

I always dream about my childhood toys and our old house. It's been like this since 2017. I asked a psychiatrist what the dreams mean. He flatly said, "they don't have any significance." I stopped dreaming about them for a while... but oh boy, they're resurfacing. 😐

Maybe you're feeling stressed or insecure about where things are in your life right now and your old toys and home represent a time when you felt safer.  Of course that's assuming you had a happy and secure childhood.

• Like 1
Happy Lemming

Have you thought about acquiring some of your old toys or replicas of your old toys.  Maybe you could display them on a shelf.

About two years ago, I went to visit my parents and stumbled across an old book I had as a child.  I asked my Mom if it was OK that I took it home, she said "sure, take it".  It brought me happiness as I flipped through the pages.

Maybe you are seeking a little happiness from when times were simpler??

• Like 1

What do you want it to mean? I would think the reason why they're recurring is because you're continuing not to explore what they mean to you

If those things mean something to you however in your waking hours, why not enjoy it or explore that? 

• Author
luiscasabuena
11 hours ago, FMW said:

Maybe you're feeling stressed or insecure about where things are in your life right now and your old toys and home represent a time when you felt safer.  Of course that's assuming you had a happy and secure childhood.

I'm contented with my life now. Still got some big dreams though. But my childhood is still the happiest part of my life. I look back on the '90s with so much fondness, I always play '90s songs on YT.

I only have one heirloom left that represents my childhood. All my toys are gone. 

Happy Lemming
14 hours ago, luiscasabuena said:

All my toys are gone. 

Is there one or two toys in particular that you remember??  You may be able to find them or replicas on ebay...

14 hours ago, luiscasabuena said:

I only have one heirloom left that represents my childhood.

Does this item bring you a lot of happiness?? 

In the end, we grow up... we get older... Life changes... we take on responsibilities... we plan for the future... This is just the normal cycle of life.

Yes, we can look back on our childhood fondly, but time marches on and we have to continue to move forward with life.  You try to find joy in new and different memories, adventures, new items, new relationships, new people, etc.

• Author
luiscasabuena
9 hours ago, Happy Lemming said:

Is there one or two toys in particular that you remember??  You may be able to find them or replicas on ebay...

Does this item bring you a lot of happiness?? 

In the end, we grow up... we get older... Life changes... we take on responsibilities... we plan for the future... This is just the normal cycle of life.

Yes, we can look back on our childhood fondly, but time marches on and we have to continue to move forward with life.  You try to find joy in new and different memories, adventures, new items, new relationships, new people, etc.

They're fortunately Disney and Tiny Toon characters. :)

The heirloom was a Mama Mary with Baby Jesus figurine that plays "Silent Night" music when a sort of a little knob or something is turned. Every night back in December 1999, I'd turn the knob to play the music. It somehow defined what the holiday season of that year was to me. It was one of the best months I've ever had in my life. The '90s especially the latter part was so happy that all the 9s of those years made 9 my favorite number.

And you know, I was 14 when the War on Terror began. Everything changed. Incidentally, my father lost the elections that year and we had to start from scratch. We were eating corned beef every night then. To make matters worse, we had family issues left and right. Things reached the lowest point at the end of 2003. New beginnings came up the following year which became a really good year... but all those years after, even though we've recovered and accomplished many feats after, simply do not match the joys of my childhood.

• Like 1
Happy Lemming
17 hours ago, luiscasabuena said:

...simply do not match the joys of my childhood.

I understand. 

For me, I was able to retire (early) about 3 years ago.  I'm so glad I no longer have to work, fight traffic to go to a horrible office full of petty, back stabbing people.  I finally found joy and happiness. 

My girlfriend and I have gone on many trips and adventures (since my retirement). The pandemic did "clip our wings", but we are starting to look into planning a couple of small day trips, to see how things go and see what is possible (post pandemic).

I know one day (down the road) you will find joy, again.  Whether its a vacation or trip or some star gazing in your backyard, you will find joy again.

• Like 1