What does it mean when a man says he wants to be alone?

Valentina86

Valentina86

What does it mean when a man says that he ha sa lot on his plate right now and wants to be alone and that he’s sorry if it bothers me but he has a lot going on? He has also deleted all his social media due to his work stress. 

Not much to go on here, but taking it at face value - It's a very clear message he doesn't want to spend time with you.  Who knows if he's being honest about the reasons why, but that doesn't matter, the message to stay away is clear.

Unless this is a husband or long-term partner (where taking some time to try to understand and work things out makes sense), leave him alone and move on.  Put your time and attention on someone who wants to be with you.

It means he does not want to date you.  If you were all that & a bag of chips who totally floated his boat, he'd be knocking down your door no matter how busy he was.  

Read a pop psychology book called He's Just Not that Into You

Sorry.  

Do what he said.  Leave him & his "full plate" alone.  Even if he is telling the truth, he's just not emotionally available.  Who needs that? 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Valentina86 said:

What does it mean when a man says that he ha sa lot on his plate right now and wants to be alone and that he’s sorry if it bothers me but he has a lot going on? He has also deleted all his social media due to his work stress. 

Possibly he's stressed to the point of depression having set in. That he's deleted all his social media accounts suggests it isn't just you he's shutting out.  If he's just somebody you've had a couple of dates with, then I would respond sympathetically regarding his stress then leave it there.  If you've got more history, then I think that would merit more proactivity in terms of letting him know that you're concerned for his welfare and are there if he needs you.  That doesn't mean pursuing or pestering him...but just conveying the sense that if there's a more serious problem here (for him) then you're available as an ear.  That's only an offer I'd make to an actual friend though, since it wouldn't really be appropriate with somebody you've just dated casually.  I say it only because it's not entirely clear from the post what the status of your relationship with him is.

• Like 1

It means he's not available to chat or meet with you. It doesn't matter whether he's interested in you as a person. He's not available, period. For what reason? Don't read into it (for your own mental health). 

Let this one go and be free to pursue other available men.

• Like 1
On 4/15/2021 at 11:35 AM, Valentina86 said:

1. He's super busy at work/in his life and has no time to squander on social media or dating right now.

2. He doesn't want an emotional relationship with you, but he'll take sex if you offer it; you'll have to understand that it will be sex for sex's sake and not an "in" for you to get him to an emotional entanglement because he will not let it go there (morning after egg on your face scenario).

3. The management of your feelings is not his priority if you choose to throw sex at him.

I'd leave him alone and block his number so you're not easily led into believing that you have an "in" with him if he calls and says he misses you.  What he's actually saying is he's got no one else to smash and he knows he extract that from you without any investment in what you're after.

• Like 1